Which post-apocalyptic scenario would you prefer?

Waterworld:
A world where the polar ice caps have melted, covering the entire earth with water.
https://i.imgur.com/YDkHiQI.gif

Terminator:
A world where robots/AI have taken over the world, hunting humans to extinction.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1436/91/1436911328167.gif

The Walking Dead:
A world where infection has spread across the planet, everyone who dies comes back as a zombie.
http://i.imgur.com/7NEj1ag.gif

• Waterworld
  • Terminator
  • The Walking Dead
  • (Results)
Too bad the images didn't work :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I pick walking dead due to the fact that Mother Nature is for the most part unchanged. Water world would be second , even thou I just couldn't live on water. Terminator is my last pick for obvious reasons , everything has been nuked

• @byron What if no nukes were used in the Terminator scenario?

• They terminators are much harder to dispatch so , bring on the brain suckers lmbo

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 8

• Such promising choices lol. I think I'd have the best chance of surviving in Waterworld. Probably better to be up against water and just other humans rather than human-hunting AI's and flesh-eating zombies.

• Are there mutated animals under the sea?
    That would actually be my worst nightmare...
    Soooo... terminators for me.

• Unfortunately yes there are.
      1 terminator post-apocalyptic future coming up!

• The movie Waterworld scared me as a child, and I can't see myself taking a walker and succeeding then taking on a robot

• Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle.

• No! You don't get to choose skill after it's happened. You need to be prepared for everything! Go prepare! Now!

• Lmao oh... okay well I'll stick with trying to take on walkers I have no hacing abilities but I do have a pretty good swing with a bat... and using torches for welding n junk make bombs and put traps to make noises to alarm me if they get close I think I could last a week

• What a cool question, I'm so late but I chose Terminator, haha!

• LOL @ Waterworld. Hyproponics ftw.
    I'd prefer a zombie apocalypse.

• The Walking Dead, definitely. I can't swim and zombies are fun to kill.

• I need a boat and a Wailord

• Waterworld, being a boater and growing up on the ocean i think id fair pretty well...

What Guys Said 9

• Okay... the greatest postapocalyptic franchise of all time finally get's a new entry.. which is pretty high budget and successful.. and it get's left out of a list of post apocalyptic scenarios... this world is insane.
    ... Seriously how can you leave of Mad Max?

Personaly I would love to see the world as left at the end of Day of the Triffids (1982).
    Voted walking dead, partially because the series borrowed from triffids, partly because both survival strategies will be largely the same beyond the first few weeks.

• I thought about Mad Max, but I left it out because I didn't want to have to many and personally I don't like Mad Max all that much. It's entertaining enough, but for a post-apocalyptic scenario dilemma I prefer all of the above.

• How about Mad Max post-apocalyptic scenario? But I voted for The Walking Dead

• Assuming we were surviving in subs or perhaps even had underwater cities I'd prefer waterworld but it would other wise be impossible for us to survive the other two at least give us a fighting chance.

• Terminator, because we've already won the war. That's why Skynet sent the terminator back in the first place.

• It's a Terminator scenario, not a completely accurate future that follows the exact path of the Terminator franchise.

• Ah, then I'd go with The Walking Dead. Walkers are easier to kill than terminators.

• Ouff tuff choice

A probably increases the chances of survival the most
    B is just pure death.. very hard to survive and live with cold blooded machines
    C is damn fun because so risky

Id pick A to survive But B to destroy blood sucking zombies

• Zombies. A real zombie apocalypse would actually end as quickly as it starts.

• Tie between Walking Dead and Waterworld

• Could pull up that Cracked article, "scientific reasons why a zombie outbreak would fail (quickly)," and that map which showed what the world would actually look like if all of the ice caps melted. We wouldn't lose nearly as much land as Kevin Bacon seems to think.

Honestly, AI seems the biggest potential danger to human survival. Truth is we are utterly dependent on the industry we so readily condemn. Much as some want to pretend, you can't feed seven billion people and change with organic farming techniques.

• You'd be dead pretty fast in waterworld. You'd only be able to fish and you'd have to boil water to separate it from the salt but eventually you'd run out lighter fluid/gas