What is your favorite Pokemon game / generation?

I've played every generation except for 6, and I'm partial to Platinum, for some reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• R/B/Y. Cuz Mew and Missingno man. ;v

• B/W had a good storyline that I really liked, and ORAS is just fun to play.

• Infinite rare candies and Master Balls! :-D As a whole, I was underwhelmed by Gen V (I didn't like Unova), but I did like the fact that B + W genuinely had a story.

• Yeah. It was a bit darker than the usual Pokemon plots too which I loved.
      And the infinite items glitch was what I really missed about B/R - they patched that in Y. But still had the Mew glitch which is all I need out of a Pokemon game. Because Mew is <3 X/Y they added in a post-game side story type think, the Looker Chronicles or something like that, which was also pretty cute. Doesn't hurt that you can kinda pretend Looker is the Doctor or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• My favourite game is the one I first played (big surprise)- Pokemon Emerald. I know a lot of people dislike gen 3, for good reasons, but the drawbacks don't really outweigh the benefits to me. The story was great, the pokemon designs were great and the region was great. In comparison to a region like Kanto there's a lot of variation in the environments you see in Hoenn (though there really is a little too much water, though I don't think it's as bad as some people think). The remakes in generation 6 were also great, and take a close second place for me, for fixing all of the problems from the gen 3 games and adding a load of new content.

What Girls Said 1

• Fire Red is the ultimate favourite, but I thought that ORAS did an awesome job, I loved it.

• Fire Red was definitely an improvement on the original. I haven't played ORAS yet.

What Guys Said 5

• If we're talking about generations of Pokemon, that's Gen 3 for me. But game wise, Gen 4. Diamond has always had a special place in my heart for me. Special mention to XY though. They did a good job there. :)

• Yeah. Platinum was cool. I'm not sure why Gen IV gets so much hate from people. Climbing up Mt. Coronet to face Cyrus was pretty awesome. :-)

• I think it might be something to do with the internal batteries? I'm not sure :/

• I don't know. I just think that Game Freak flubbed up on their part.

• Gen 3 was my favorite, in cade you can't tell by my avatar

• Gen3 is my favourite because I started with Pokemon RSE and then jumped to RBY up to BW2.

• X and Y I guess. I got bored playing Silver.

• Gold and Silver all the way...

• Gotta love those 16 badges. Did you like the remakes?

• Awesome... I never understood why the games didn't continue doing that, going forward. It added another meaningful layer to the game. Plus, the new Pokemon of that era weren't lame lol.

Are the remakes for DS or 3DS? I forget...

• They are for the DS.