Is M Night Shyamalan currently the worst movie director/producer?

I contend he is, but maybe there's someone i'm forgetting about who makes terrible movies as well. Bonus points for anyone who wants to go for all time worst.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• Michael Bay is worse as other people pointed out. M. Night Shyamalan has been mediocre at best ever since "The Sixth Sense", which is a great film and also the point where he peaked as a filmmaker.

• I think Alan Smithee is the worst by far.

• He's not. It's the scriptwriters' fault.

• everyone says that lol

What Guys Said 3

• the worst? i'm sure there are worse but he has been bad for a long time. basically every film since The Village has been bad in my opinion and that was already a movie on the down side of his career

• No way. Michael Bay is...

• I have no current candidate, but Ed Wood is all-time worst, not just for "Plan 9 from Outer Space", but for his habit of shooting part of a scene in daytime (with lights) and some as "day-for-night", that is, in daytime but without lights, yet the contrast between the lighting in the two kinds of shooting was so bad that when the editors would complain that everyone would notice it, Ed cavalierly said "no, nobody's going to notice".

• haha yeah ed wood was pretty bad. did you see the movie about him? it was funny as hell.

• Yes I saw it in a double feature with L. A. Confidential. That was a weird movie night for sure!