Is there someone on their 20's or 30's who's like 50's, 60's, and 70's music these days? If so, who's your favorite singer/band?

I like to listen to golden-oldies music (thanks to my parents)..
I like the lyrics because they can make a story from it and not much songs on these days could be like that..
I'm only 23 y. o. and in my country there's not much of young people like me who likes golden-oldies..
So, I'm curious how about other young people in wideworld thought about it..
Do you like golden-oldies too or you think that it's so "out of date"?

You can list more than one favorite singer/band..
And if you're not a young people, it's okay..
Share your thoughts here..

Most Helpful Guy

• there's a ton of psychedelic and garage rock from the 60's that i love. from that sliver of greatness led to many of the punk bands from the 70's that inspired many bands for years thereafter. i listen to records from that era pretty much everyday and it helps inform me when i'm looking for new bands. there are also many great funk/soul records from then that are absolutely indispensible. hip hop might be the most popular genre currently on a worldwide scale, but without james brown it would be a very different story. i can't even think of a world without james brown's records existing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it! I listen to the classic rock stations all the time, and there are some artists I love to bits. I adore John Denver and Led Zeppelin especially. I like most kinds of music if it has a good melody and lyrics that have meaning.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm a child of the 80s so the all-time best bands to me are the Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode, the Pet Shop Boys, Cocteau Twins, Kraftwerk, Devo, the B-52's, etc. Easily the best bands of all time, making the best music of all time. :) My baby boy loves this music now too. The first song I played for him after he was born was "Axis" by the Pet Shop Boys.

Music was very different when those bands were at their height, and the musicians were very different too. Their values and ethos have largely disappeared now. I'm glad that those were the bands I grew up with.

• I quite like Rupert Holmes and The Police but the truth be told, synthesizer music of the late 70s-80s is where it's at.

2015 does the 1970s better than the 1970s lol
    BEHOLD!
    Perturbator - Raw POWER.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WPqp5zZdzE

• Yep I like all kinds of music, my favourite singer in general is Freddie Mercury so it'd be a bit late for that era. I like all the obvious ones, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan even Sinatra, Elvis or Louis Armstrong.

• I'm a big Van Halen fan which, I guess, barely counts as 70s. But I listen to a lot of classic rock. Mostly from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

• The Four Seasons

• All I listen to is music released anytime between 1957 and 1990.

• Sarah vaughan (r. i. p)
    Jazz legend

What Girls Said 1

• I'd listen swing music and classic rock over any other style of music. My dad really got me into ZZ Top, Van Halen, Queen, Aerosmith and etc. when I was little. I've always loved swing music and most recently got started swing dancing.