Nerd Alert: Which is better Star Trek or Star Wars?

Because I like to cause drama, I choose Star Trek.

• Star Trek
  • Star Wars

Most Helpful Girl

• While I like both, I definitely prefer Star Trek. I grew up with Spock as my role model.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both are great for completely different ways. Star Wars is a fun science fantasy romp with memorable characters and amazing special effects. Star Trek is, at its best moments, thoughtful science fiction with some interesting stories, some great and not so great films, and memorable characters.

Personally, I prefer Star Wars because I grew up watching it, and only got into Star Trek in my late teens. However, both have their merits.

What Girls Said 4

• I go with Star Trek 100% of the time. Data and La Forge <3

• I like Star Trek, used to watch it with my dad and I still binge on Netflix but
    Lightsabers and... I liked to read the books. >____> Star Wars.

• Honestly I dislike both...
    Just not my taste.

• I enjoy both, but I love Star Wars more.

http://i.imgur.com/cJ4ezkt.gif

I can't wait for December!

What Guys Said 13

• Star wars. I prefer the blatant sledge hammer of the Imperial Navy to the quite self agrandising malevolence of the federation.
    Plus their ships are much cooler and have you seen their uniforms? Imperial uniforms are SOO much nicer than those silly jumpsuits.

• Star Wars because I like the idea of exciting space adventures to be both *exciting* and *adventurous*.

Star Trek is just creepy, what with the human race agreeing to shelve their idiosyncrasies and become united over something as simple as a First Contact. Shit would not happen in real life, lol.

• I'm a second generation Star Wars fan meaning my father is one and has been since the series came out he watched it 7-9 times when the first one came out haha. And well I got hooked on it when I was a little kid been a major fan ever since bit of a geek in that as well.

• I love both... I just can't decide...

• Star trek is solid but star war is hard to beat

The simple notion of evil vs good - is one directional yet has so much depth.. such amazing stories - but star trek is a series not just films so hard to compare

If its just film vs film, star wars by a mile

I wish they would show darth plagueis, that would be an awesome prequel - sidious wasn't lying when he said his master could Manipulate life

• STAR WARS 4 LIFE crew checking in

• Star Wars with or without Jar Jar Binks?

Either way, after Lost, I don't think JJ Abrams deserves to have a say in the fate of either universe.

• JJ was only really involved heavily in the first season of Lost.

• I enjoy both, but I love Star Trek more.

• Lightsabre duels and force powers if that isn't awesome then I don't know what is

• Yoda I like. Witty and funny he is hmmmmmm. Star Wars it is.

• I like neither because the fans are too crazy.
    I like both for different reasons.

• Star Wars by far

• Star Wars obviously. What kind of question is this?