Any good shows that aren't mainstream?

Can anyone recommend me a good show? 🐸

🚫✋🏼 BUT
- do not suggest me supernatural, pretty little liars, orange is the new black, true blood and other shit that everybody knows
- I don't really like old shows.. Anything that was released after 2002 is fine though
- I don't watch shows with aliens, zombies and mummies lol but ghosts are fine

But most importantly
DO NOT SUGGEST ME ONE OF THOSE COMEDY SHOWS WITH BACKGROUND LAUGHING!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Shows that aren't as talked about as the ones you listed but that are really good.

Continuum - A Science Fiction Drama about the conflict between a group of terrorists from the year 2077 who time-travel to Vancouver, BC, in 2012, and a police officer who unintentionally accompanies them. It's really good and very underrated, the complete 42 episode series is out, first 3 seasons are on Netflix.

Orphan Black - A Science Fiction Thriller about a girl who is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks identical to her. Another very good show which gets better every season. 30 episodes have aired, the first 2 seasons are on Netflix.

Justified - A Western Crime Drama about ah Old-school US Marshal who is reassigned from Miami to his childhood home in the poor, rural coal-mining towns in Eastern Kentucky. Truly one of the greatest shows of all time. The first season is slow, but after that it's masterful. All 78 episodes are out.

Person of Interest - A Science Fiction Crime Drama about an ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer who save lives via an artificial intelligence surveillance machine that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. If you're ever going to watch a cop drama, this is the one to watch as it is so much more than that. 4 seasons (90 episodes) are out and the 5th season is due to come out soon.

Bates Motel - A Suspense Thriller which is essentially a contemporary prequel to the film "Psycho" showing how Norman Bates got to become the man he was in one of the most influential horror movies of all time. 3 seasons of 10 episodes have aired and seasons 4 & 5 have been confirmed for early 2016 & 2017.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. I don't know if these will be unpopular enough for you :S

The 100
    Bitten
    Orphan Black
    Life Unexpected
    The Secret Circle
    Witches of the East End
    The Fosters
    Switched at Birth
    Believe

What Guys Said 20

• Vikings. I think that show is super underrated, it's amazing.

Black Sails is also a great show if you like pirates, but it's not the cliche kind of pirates.

Hell on Wheels, also amazing.

Parks and Recreation is hilarious. It's comedy, but it doesn't have the laughs in the background

• Sleepy Hollow - A guy who fought in the American civil war suddenly finds himself in present time and there's also a Headless Horseman demon that murders people

Ripper Street - Like the name suggests, about Jack The Ripper

The Three Musketeers (BBC show) - Cheesy but the good kind of cheesy.

• Suits.

The Mentalist.

Sherlock.

• what kind of shows do you like? like give a few examples from different genres

• Drama is my favourite but I also like psycho/crime thrillers ☺️

• there is a BBC show called Peaky Blinders. It's about an English gang from the 1920s. It's awesome. The BBC show Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch) is amazing

my wife loves Scandal (which is drama but a little too dramatic for me). She also is really into the Good Wife recently

a few others
      Mad Men
      Magic City (only ran two seasons on Starz but is awesome)
      Sopranos
      The Wire
      Breaking Bad

• and to piggy back off of Bert Macklin's comedy suggestion if you like The Office you'll probably also like Parks and Recreation (where the name Bert Macklin comes from) as well as 30 Rock

• i don't think The Office is mainstream anymore.

• 1|0
  • Okay go with 'desperate housewives ' and you will love 'The vampire diaries' if you love romantic and classic stuff, killing only happens to move stay ahead, it's not gross, it's so sentimental.

• Salem is pretty badass been watching it from day one.

• Since everyone else is talkign about mainstreme stuff: Standard Action.

• The Office UK, Freaks and Geeks, The IT Crowd, Black Books, Twin Peaks

All on Netflix except for Black Books I think

• Drama: Person of Interest
    Comedy: Parks and Recreation
    Or, if you wanna go high-class, The Newsroom.

• Too vague, I can still suggest like 50 shows to you, instead of telling which shows you don't like, tell us which shows you like.

• I like pretty much everything lol 🐸 uhh but do you know a show which is SUPER ADDICTING? Like you can't wait to watch the next episode!! Preferably a show about family drama/ crisis in life?

• I don't like family drama in particular, but I have watched some of those.
      May I suggest in family drama,
      -Mellisa & Joey (might contain background laughter, but still give it a go)
      -Mom
      -Trophy Wife
      -New Girl (it's pretty fun , if you do not consider that main stream)

May I suggest my choices that you might also like
      - Fringe (Scientific thriller horror (no ghosts and shit but still scarier) Bio-physics lovers)
      - Boston Legal (Lawsuits, James Spader ~best~ , Damn funny, One of my favourites)
      - The Blacklist (Ongoing, kinda main steam, don't miss it)
      - Agents of shield (Ongoing, Avengers extension)
      - The Crazy Ones ( the last of Robin Williams , funny)

• Thank youuuu! 😇

• The Killing, they have the whole thing on Netflix

• We don't have Netflix here but thank you anyways!! I am sure I can find it elsewhere🐸😝

• its significant shuush!
      i heard the girls there have hairy knees :p
      I have hairy knees too :p lol!

• Yaaaayy, I am not alone!!! *High five* ✋🏼😹

• True Detective

• archer on fx

• Fargo. Watch the first season with Billy Bob Thorton.

• The Returned - The original French version.

• The closest show that would come to that I can think of is, lost girl. It's ending after next year but, it's on Netflix if you want to get caught up on it

• Oh, just saw you don't get Netflix, anyway, they show it in Canada, then they show it on syfy here in America, don't know if you get the syfy channel. You could also just buy the DVDs somewhere

• Thanks for the suggestion 🐸 lol way too hipster? Wouldn't date me? Okay cool but the the question wasn't "would you date me?" ? 😂

• Doesn't matter, can say what I want

• Watch freaks and geeks.. you'll thank me later

• New Girl is pretty funny.

What Girls Said 11

• Two shows that were mainstream in the UK are pretty good.
    Skins was fun to watch. A bit more serious in nature, some rough issues are address in it but it was a good series with respect to casting and plot-lines not being the same recycled garbage that's on most mainstream American shows.

My Fat Mad Teenager Diary is still running as far as I know and also very good. Addresses real issues like low self confidence, harassment in relationship but is still enjoyable to watch and at times entertaining as well.

• Thank you :) I've already watched skins but the second one sound interesting !!

• I think you'd really like Scream Queens if you're not already watching it. Sleepy Hollow is good. You might look into Paranormal Witness too. I don't know what else do you like?

• -Supernatural
    -Doctor Who
    -The powerpuff girls
    -American horror story
    -futurama
    -south park
    -kissxsis
    -death note
    -1000 ways to die
    -ghost adventures
    -the X files
    Some are more popular than others

• Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

• Then I have nothing to sugest. Everything goes againsr your rules :P

• Mr. Robot was a good show.

• Watch anime and korean drama XDD

• Can you suggest me a Korean drama? It'd be cool if it's available on YouTube 😝🐸

• Of course I can ^^

Watch My love from another star on Viki. com

also.. Boys over flowers and Kill me heal me. They are the best K dramas in my opinion ^^

There are some on youtube but I don't recommend using youtube. Watch it on Viki. com or Gooddrama. net

• Hey try Castle with Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic I LOVE it

• Danger 5
    Everwood
    Aquarius
    Arrested Development
    Banshee
    The Knick
    Wilfred
    Cuckoo
    Jericho

• Beauty and the beast. The new one not the old one. That one has been surprisingly good so far

• I enjoy Penny Dreadful and feel a lot of people don't even know what it is. The sets are beautiful, as are the costumes and it's well acted. It can be intense, though.

30 Rock was funny, but sadly the viewer numbers were low (even though it won numerous awards).

Agent Carter is a fun show.

Reign has beautiful costumes, but the accuracy is not there. I just look at the pretty. :P

Shameless is pretty good, but not sure if that is mainstream or not.

I like Freaks and Geeks a lot, and was sad it was only one season.

• Thank you so much ❤️🐸

• No problem! I hope you find some you enjoy. :)

Also, MissNowhere mentioned Orphan Black, it's pretty good, too!

• Poldark I liked, if you enjoy historical drama.