For the gamers; Should I buy a PS4 for Battlefront, or stay on PC?

So haven't really been a console gamer in about a year now, I jumped over to PC when my laptop died and put in some money so I can probably run some modern games on there with good results, It's not cutting edge but right now just able to run some top games at around 60FPS no problems, empthasis on the just part.

Played the Battlefront beta and liked it, reminded me of how I was when I came home from school playing the origionals, and yes I am looking at picking it up - Problem is, I don't know which platform.

PC It ran pretty okay, though I wanted to look at getting a PS4 to stick in the living room, use it as a gaming machine and something I can just put netflix on when the friends are round, I don't really want to haul a £500 heavy computer case down a flight of stairs.

Ideas?

Just to update I was looking at a PS4 not just for Battlefront, some other games like Call of Duty, WWE2k16, Bloodbourne, etc etc just games either only or purely better on consoles.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a PC gamer, but even I am looking at getting a PS4 for certain games. Battlefront can be laggy on PC with certain maps, even with a decent graphics card. My friend has a 980 Ti and runs it alright, but he plays this game on PS4. He said it was smoother.

Definitely still play games on your PC, I vastly prefer PC gaming overall. But if you have the funds, and are looking forward to certain games for console, then I say go ahead and get a PS4.

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically i say use a ps4 for gaming and keep your pc for anything else. I personally dont like mixing the two.

As for which console - go with ps4, they gained a lot more traction this time around and that means they will get better content. Its also a touch more powerful

I have bloodborne, shit that game is so good its unbelievable how amazing. Its a must play. Call of duty and star wars, gta 5 - these are all heavy hitters. Ps4 by a mile

What Girls Said 5

• The PS4 is the only console I've seriously considered getting in a very very long time. There's a lot of good games already on it or that are going to be released on it in a year or two. If you'd use it a lot, I say go for it if you have the money to spend and haven't gotten a new console for a while.

• Stay on PC, PC is a superior gaming platform.

If you really want to game from the couch, consider buying a laptop or relatively cheap gaming PC, or even a Steambox. Then just hook it up to the TV, plug in a controller, install Steam, set up Big Picture, and you're done.

• Well honestly, I wouldn't buy a PS4 solely for this game. I'd probably get the Xbox One before the PS4 but that's really just personal preference and cuz I have more friends on Xbox.

• Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Battlefront game just one big online mp game? If you got a PS4 you'd have to buy yearly membership to play online, just like XBlive, though PS+ is cheaper.

• Actually, you'd prob be better off staying with the PC and telling one of your friends to bring their laptop or console around.

• If your buying a PS4 for just that one game dont. PC is good it has a lot of games that are not on console.

• Buy it, it would be worth it.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm a huge gamer and stick with a ps4. I realize that a pc is better but like you said I don't want to drop a shit load of money on it. Consoles work fine for me just plug it in and forget about it no having to worry about specs or anything like that

• Pc and just get a converter.

Get a smart tv , which can get acess to Netflix YouTube and so on
    Or get a fire stick for your TV