What scares you more? The idea of fast zombies or slow zombies?

Fast zombies as depicted in 28 days later.
Technically, not dead, just infected with a virus that make them go crazy and run around looking to kill as many people as possible. You could kill them like normal people. Starvation, let them bleed out from injuries etc.

Slow zombies as depicted in all kinds of zombie movies.
Only killing their brains will stop them from trying to eat you.

• Fast zombies are more scary! 😱
  • Slow zombies are more scary! 😱

Most Helpful Guy

• I think fast zombies are scarier. Even if you could kill them like regular people, that is still more threatening than having some slow zombies creep up on you.

For instance, with slow zombies I would feel comfortable getting a knife or whatever and stabbing them. They are slow enough I could probably deal with it. Even if there are multiple, you could weed them out slowly. And, if they ever get too close for your comfort, you could run away and get some distance on them.
    However, with fast zombies, there is a good chance your knife will only prove effective against maybe one or two. Even that would be risking it because they'd be harder to hit I feel. (Stabbing them in the stomach or whatnot won't kill them immediately). And, if these ones ever get too close for comfort, you could try to run but chances are they'll be running the same speed as you. You're kind of screwed in a pack.

People could set up extermination squads and get rid of slow zombies relatively easily. Fast zombies would most likely kill the majority of people pretty fast before the zombies could possibly starve out or whatnot.

• Your last paragraph kinda makes me wonder now why there are even slow zombie movies.. You'd think people would intervene much much sooner and start with the extermination. I mean those are revived corpses, so people shouldn't be as hesitant to kill them all as with fast zombies who could maybe healed with an anti-serum.

• Yeah that would probably be the case-- walking zombies would have no chance against fully automatic, military grade weapons. I can only assume that places like the US have plenty more bullets than people and trained military members aren't THAT bad of shots haha.

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Fast zombies, for sure. Even though it's like a rabies virus or something, anything fast would creep me out. Oddly enough, that creeps me out more than a reanimated corpse that's slow.

What Guys Said 17

• I am a HUGE zombie fan and a prepper. I have to say that fast zombies scare me more. You can kill them in more ways but they're literally SPRINTING towards you at all times. That's crazy as hell

• slow zombies just pile up and create congestion. with fast zombies at least you can fight through them with a sword and body armor lol.

• Slow Zombies are scarier because "fast zombies" are not very realistic... corpses are stiff, they couldn't possibly run in real life.

• Neither because zombies are fictional characters drawn up by hollywood to sympathize with western culture relating to how lonely we feel constantly and will never in any shape or form be real.

• fast zombies are scarier 😱

• night of the living dead type of zombies have to be the scariest because they don't die even if you shoot them in the head

• If I recall, weren't Romero's night of the living dead zombies ones that die from brain trauma (aka shooting in the head)?
      I mean, I could be mistaken, but in all of Romero's movies he seems to make them something like that.

• i guess i should have said return of the living dead to be more accurate

• Logically speaking slow zombies wouldn't be that hard to deal with. Ignoring the fact that flesh deteriorates incredibly fast after death they would still be easy to round up. Just put speakers in a cage and when it's full set them all on fire

• Neither because some times the Zombies go slow, some times they are fast.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JM2ghmhGk0

• The idea of fast zombies is stupid...

• World war z zombies are really fast. Walking dead are slow

Id go with the slow for obvious reasons... it would also be kinda fun to slaughter a few

• the fast zombies, I am really slow so I don't like them

• Most people familiar with zombie media will vote that slow zombies are far scarier.

• But what about Minecraft zombies that spawn in any dark corner :p.

• None of them are scary

• fast ofcource

• Fast zombiesssss

• Who the fuck would be scared of slow zombie

What Girls Said 10

• Fast Zombies are terrifying. I freak out enough just when a regular person like my brother or my boyfriend chases me let alone a zombie. Just the idea of someone running behind me starts to freak me out and I scream a lot. xD

• Fast zombies are scarier. They're harder for the average person to outrun and harder to shoot. Disaster.

• Fast are definitely more scary.

• Faster, especially in a group your chances are like a 0.

• Fast zombies for sure. And ones that are enhanced, like the l4d mutated ones. Like fucking Smokers and fucking Tanks? gtfo. --->

• the fast ones are more scary

• Not fond of the whole zombie fantasy, but here's a thought: since most people get buried in their "Sunday best attire", the zombie apocalypse would be a formal black tie event

• well the fast ones are more scary of course!

the slow ones you can easily just break their legs, then they'll have to crawl and drag... and become even slower :D!

• Yeah, but they usually fall forward towards you when you break their legs xD

• Or you can always run in circles and hit them from behind? 😁😁😂

• I don't run so if there's a fast zombie I am kind of fucked. Slow zombies I can just kinda walk away from and hide.

• World War Z VS The Walking Dead lol