Do you like to watch movies with subtitles? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i do lol. I don't know i just like to follow all the details.

• Hahaha lol I do to because they be mumbling lines in movies sometimes. I also like to see song titles from certain music scenes that play in movies.

• yeah but i can understand it's there for people who might be deaf or something. haha it can be irritating i agree.

• Lol you never know. Maybe that could be the reason for it and you could be very right about that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely. Some of the best movies I have seen are in languages I don’t understand. My girlfriend is also Deaf so when we watch a movie together we always have them on anyways.

• I agree I seen some great movies with subtitles in them.

• If you only watch movies in one language you are just limiting yourself, and missing out on a lot of really good stuff out there.

• Yeah that is so true. Some people limit. I try to watch different things that I can.

What Girls Said 5

• I do, I have bad hearing sometimes, and I have cats. Sometimes I miss things when my cats are jumping around, knocking stuff over. It happens a lot more than I'm willing to admit :)

So I always watch with subtitles. Sometimes it's hard to hear and I like to know what's going on.

• Yeah that is true sometimes movies be sounding like they are mumbling lines. I have to turn on subtitles to see what they say sometimes.

• I do not watch movies or TV shows with subtitles usually unless it is in a language I do not understand. Otherwise, the text just seems to get in the way.

• Yes but i usually have to watch those types of movies at least twice. Once to focus on the subtitles and get the story line. The second time to take in the background and everything else...

• Yeah they can be hard to follow both words and details. I rewind a lot. lol when I miss something.

• No, it bothers me.

• Yes i like subtitles with foreign and not foreign movies. Foreign movies bc obviously I can't understand it without the subtitles. I have very bad hearing, so Personally, I feel like I catch a lot more things with subtitles. :)

• I like foreign films to with subtitles. I seen some very good ones even though they were not in English but they were good regardless.

• I agree! For me It's hard to really enjoy a movie without knowing what's going on.

• Yeah that is true. It's important to know what is going on.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't have watch movies with subtitles so I don't. If its in a foreign language then I really don't mind because I can read lol

• As opposed to dubs of foreign language films? Yes.

The original language track matches the mouth movement of the actors correctly, and in my experience, the translation in subtitles often seems to preserve a bit more of the original language than the translation for a dub.

• no subtitles for me, I want to hear the dialogue as it comes, and I don't like the words obstructing the screen. :-D

• Yes because most of the time I can barely understand what people say.

• Yeah that is true. It's like they be mumbling their lines or something.

• I like Korean, Japanese and Chinese movies so yes I do, and some European. They are usually a lot better then Hollywood movies

• Some of those foreign movies are very good and well made and yes sometimes better then hollywood movies.

• yea because sometimes I can't understand what they're saying

• Not usually but two are good. The Host and Pans Labyrinth