What do Non-Americans think is weird about Americans?
What Girls Said 9
Ooohhhh don't get me started here!
- you guys seem so extremely dramatic about EVERYTHING. From marriage to political opinions to sexuality. Chill the fuck down sometimes.
- how you guys seem to think that everyone wants to live in America because it's so awesome and you've got so much freedom. No, not really. I've got so many places I'd rather live in.
- pledge to the flag at schools. Never understood it.
- how incredibly inefficient your school system is. I've heard that we're already on level first year college in America (maybe even higher) in Highschool. You guys have to go to school till your 18th and your level isn't even high. What the fuck do you guys do at school?
- that how well you're educated, depends on which school you go to.
- highschool sports can get you a scholarship. Because sporting is much more important than learning in school.
- how preserved you guys are if it's about going fully nude, yet still dress in skimpy clothing. Go big or go home
- the word douchebag. I think it's just a weird word since douche means shower in my language.
- the whole 'black people culture'
- how important chivalry is for you guys. In my country people expect from girls to just pay for themselves, opening the door for a girl is not that normal and you shouldn't try to carry her bag. I think a lot of girls would be weirded out.
Maybe some things I said are not right. Correct me on that but don't be too rude.4
- Show AllShow Less
nothing at all. you guys are so fun!3
when my parents first came to the US, they thought eating salad was kinda strange1
The fact that pre med and pre law is a thing. What do you even learn if you can't work anywhere with a degree that doesn't really focus on anything?2
What Guys Said 19
Measuring system. I've been in America for 2 years and I still don't know gallons, ounces... xD
Food portions. Sooo big xD I ask for a small drink and they give this huge cup... it's crazy!!
Obsession with cheese.
Obsession with pickles.
Obsession with coffee.
Overly sensitive towards nudity and anything sexual.
There are other things but these are the ones that most shocked me when I got here.
But I love American and Americans, so it's all good, guys :P10
- Show AllShow Less
This whole racial stuff you've got going on etc.
You people need to relax and just accept that people come from all different backgrounds and not get your little jimmies rustled over pointless stuff like skin pigmentation and learn to see the bigger picture and that's the constant revelations from Wikileaks about your government and other agencies.8
- Show AllShow Less
That apparently, in New York i have to give a tip when i buy a hotdog... is this true?
Your politicians, they mostly seem weirdos
That you don´t give healthy food on public schools
That atheism seems a bad thing
But there's a lot of stuff i admire offcourse.3
All the racial bullshit
The obsession with guns
Those 3 are by far the worst. Shame too because the US is probably the best country in my opinion based on their scientific advancement, economy, opportunities, etc, and it has the potential for so much more if people would just stop being retards.2
I'd make a list, but that'd require effort.4
Everything in America is big lol but that's not really weird I s'ppose. Oh and the portrayal of school life (particularly high school) on the media. If that's true then that's weird2
How you seem to love guns more than you love your children.1
1) how da hell can soccer not be the major sport instead its American football😟😟
2) Muricans liking junk foods like peanut butter jelly yuck
3) Those oversized cars what's the point?0
Culture seems a bit more superficial. I was in NY and as I was looking around I thought shit these people are well groomed look at 'em! ahaha1
Their level of stupidity.3
Nosey in foreign affairs, but yet fail to keep their shit together in their own country and care for their own people.4
TERRORISTS!! Jk. But a lot do though. Mainly, they just think Americans are fat and divorce prone.2