When you watch a scary movie, how long do you stay scared for?

does the scariness go away after the scene or movie is over? do you stay scared the whole night? for days? do you not get scared at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is usually over after the moment that I might jump. After that I will be fine unless it's late at night I watch that movie and am about to go to sleep.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on the movie... i remember when i watched the ring... i laughed during the whole movie and then couldn't sleep for a week lol

What Guys Said 6

• I don't really get scared. But depending on the scene or movie, if it's a terrifying element, I may think about it for a while. This doesn't apply to modern horror, as there's nothing scary about a loud noise, aka "jump scare." It's a surprise. To me the scariest things are what make you think about your own life. For instance, the babadook. Scariest movie I've seen in years. It's metaphoric, and while doesn't directly relate to me, I can see how it would to others. I'm a movie buff, and that's one of the only horror movies I've suggested to friends because I wanted to talk about it. At least to the few I knew would understand and appreciate it. Not the ones that think you have to jump and gasp in a movie for it to be scary

• i dont get scared much, i have to save up my strength to comfort my partner if i have one at the time anyway =)

• OBEY THE WALRUS.

• I wish I got scared, reason why I dont watch any. No point!

• Usually until my pants are dry

• I don't know. It's been a long time since they made an actual scary movie.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't watch scary movies but if I show I've watched gets scary, I may have bad dreams that night.

• Months and years. This is why I don't watch scary movies at all.

• Only for the scene.

• Probably just in the middle till the end

• All the way, I love scary movies