If the Purge was real... Would you participate?

I'm sure everyone knows about the movie, The Purge, and if you don't I'll fill you in.

The Purge was about an annual event that was founded by the country's founding fathers. The thing was that all crime was legal for a few hours in every state in America. Any government assistance such as police were not avaliable during the purge and they were exempt from the purge (meaning nobody could harm them what so ever). Hospitals were closed as well. People who didn't want to purge set out blue flowers (I forgot what kind) to symbolize that they will not participate in the event. It doesn't mean they'll be safe but, its just something they did to let others know. And pretty much everything was closed early.

If this was real would you purge? Why or why not? If so, what would be your weapon of choice?

• I would purge!
  • I wouldn't purge.
  • Not completely sure if I would survive whether I did or didn't.
Nice answers guys. Everyone had strong and convincing opinions. I'll select both guy and girl MHO's soon. :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• definitely. the democrats would cease to exist as a party because nobody would be taking my money any more. no mas taxes. I pay have my wages in taxes. its fucking ridiculous,.

• half my wages in taxes. how is it legal to steal half of my money.

• I'd be ALL OVER that shit. I got a nice "list" to keep me busy several years! LOL :D

• Hell no.. I'd get into a panic room and wait out that shit.

• If that happened i could see a bunch of factions forming, you know safety in numbers and what not. I'd probaly join onenthat just wants to rob stuff from stores. I wouldn't murder anyone thought

• I'm like Dexter: I purge anyway *creepy grin*

• @the_rake that's funny. Or just purge in private like the rich did. They were like that guy from American Psycho.

• yea those masks criminals wear sometimes are freaky. if i ever dress up for Halloween i'll probably slip on a tony blair mask.

• I would definitely steal, but i wouldn't murder.

• At this moment I'm pretty sure I wouldn't but then again never say never... but you know then it will create a cycle where someone would try to kill me next year

• Only in self defense. What do you say when you arrive at the gates of heaven and god asking you about that body count of yours?

• I'd rescue all captured animals and burn all fur-farms/circuses/fur stores/labs with animal testing, anything that has to do with treating animals bad, down and wreck everyone getting in my way. And euthanize the people behind the animal-torturing. Yay for ALF.

• I wouldn't go breaking people's doors down, if they don't want to participate let em stay inside, but anyone else that's playing is fair game.

• I would purge in the form if helping those in need because that's what I'm good at. I would eliminate those that took place in the evilness because standing up agaist evil is what I do best!

• Nah, I wouldn't participate but no-one would be getting into my place and leaving with all of their limbs...

• Hell no. Sounds like hell on Earth.

• I would not participate and I hated that movie. The premise made no sense in the movie.

• I would go out and protect the homeless from evil hand out a couple 45mm's to them so they can defend themselves!

• Well….

NO DEFINITELY NOT NO HESITATION

• I wouldn't go out killing anyone, but I'll protect myself at all cost.

• I would purge, i have a list of people i would kill

• I would steal your car.

• I'd get my buddies and rob some fucking banks, No killing though, I'd keep my morals

• That would be selfish to purge just saying

• Most likely i would be participating rather i liked it or not.

• oh my god at the 16 psychos whoo voted yes.

• I would probably do it on a impulse to get revenge or something I wouldn't kill or anything u would probably rob something expensive or something along those lines I would def not do something to someone else tho, I might be ok at the time but I am a sucker when it comes to conscious it would eat me up

• It absolutely does not make sense in the slightest to do it. For crime control or population control. Most people wouldn't out of fear of being killed as well. It would not be like in the movies where there's tons of people doing it. Only absolute crazy people who don't understand the concept that even a little kid could murder them if the kid snuck up behind them with a gun.

What Girls Said 11

• Honestly I don't get why if such a thing was real why murder would suddenly pop into everyone's head. If it was real my butt would be stealing all the stuff I want and would normally not be able to buy from all my favorite stores. Granted I haven't seen the movie but isn't that pretty much how it is?

Either way knowing my luck I would probably die -_- lol

• I would just kill someone who wronged me like 10 minutes before the actual purge starts so I can make sure I'm safe while all the idiots are out on a killing spree and everyone would think that person would have been killed during the purge afterwards 😎 #suchasmartass

• Honestly I would only if I was able to do one thing. I would set up random traps in front of expensive stores or stuff people would steal from. For people to trigger it and set off an explosions and then rest every 10 minutes. While I'm hidden far under the ground with a video recording it all.

• i would just steal clothes some food and find a way to make my student debt go away. i definitely would not kill anybody.

• I would purge. ONLY those who are bad deserve to die and I would love to kill them

• I'd probably steal, but then I realize how crazy outside would be. Id much rather stay home and be protected with family, I hope we have weapons and know how to fight if that happend

• if you purge there is more chances you will be killed also.

• If you have the right equipment you don't get killed. Did you watch the movie?
      It's amazing! You have to if you haven't seen it.

• If you prepare then the chances of dying won't be as high. Yeah you would flat out die if you just go out there and have absolutely nothing to protect you. In the movie there were people literally getting ready to battle. Like sharping knives, cleaning guns, I'm sure people were working out and practicing their stealthy skills before they went out and purged. Just watch the movie! It's pretty good.

• I wouldn't ! That the craziest idea I've ever heard about !

• No I wouldn't. I'd probably die in like two seconds. 😕

• I'd kill all the motherfuckers I don't get along with.

• I would move out of the country