Xbox one vs. PS4 which should I get and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• These days, the game lineup on consoles is 90% the same; exclusive games are few and far between between these two systems. The main factors are 1) the few exclusive titles each system has, 2) the feel of the controller, and 3) which console your friends and family member have or will eventually get

I would get a PS4. People who have them seem to like them more than those who have the XBOX One.

Plus, after some shady shit that Microsoft tried to pull with their console being only active with an internet connection and not being able to share games (which was reversed due to community backlash before the system's release), I can NEVER support XBOX. Ever. #ConsumerPower

• I 100% agree. It feels like there are so few exclusive titles these days so the choice is more up to preference. I would buy the ps4 cause I like the controller more.

• @Clinkz

U already read how I feel about XBOX lol. Street Fighter 5 being PS4 exclusive sealed the deal for me! I'm a fighting game enthusiast. :-D

• Thanks for picking me! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 31

• My suggestion would be, get a gaming PC, because most games on Xbox and Playstation are available on the PC as well, and you can enjoy much better graphics, mod support and the convenience of keyboard/mouse. And then, for a console, go for Wii U because almost all Nintendo games are exclusive to their consoles! With this set-up, you get to play the maximum number of games!

• Dumb idiots downvoting me for providing a sensible answer.

• @Ferretman21

Thanks mate! Just drop me a PM whenever you need, and I can help you out! I have been building high end, custom gaming PCs for myself and others too, since 12 years now!

• Okay great, thank you, I'd really appreciate that! I had a question about whether or not a graphics Nivida ge something chip could run the MMO Swtor (Star wars the old Republic) on the highest settings.

I'll have to pm you the PC I had my eye on.

• PS4 is the only real option because the Xbox is basically a poor man's gaming PC. Everything available for it is also available for the PC and the PC versions are always superior. PS4 has a large library of games you can't get on any other platform and plus it has superior graphic capabilities.

• Get an Xbox one, be cause you can get a kinect with it. Hahahahaha.

But really the xbox one has better exclusives, I just like the xbox live service better than sony. Msft has just had fewer overall problems with their live service. They are getting back compat going with the 360 games as well.

• Yeah Xbox one is a good console, not too many good games for it atm. Elder scrolls, Halo MM, Cod Ghosts, Assassin's creed.

Plus you can Skype, Twitch stream, do other cool stuff on xbox one.

• First question is: What do the majority of your friends have? Pick that.

Are there any exclusive games you desperately want? Like Halo or Gears of War or Uncharted? That might influence your decision.

I mostly play on PC now, but if I was chosing a new console, I would probably get a PS4, and that's in spite of having a huge 360 library.

• They're essentially the same in terms of what they're capable of. You gotta look at the console exclusives, what few there are, and what you can get out of the system. I went with PS4 for two reasons.

1. I've always been a PS fan. I'm actually a Sony fan in general. I've had all the PS consoles, a PSP, and a PS Vita so I was gonna end up getting a PS4 sooner or later. I also have several other Sony products so like I said, it was gonna happen.

2. Sony's E3 conference sold me. They came to the stage after Microsoft had done their announcement and Sony had an answer to EVERYTHING Microsoft talked about the Xbox One having. Sony also was marketing the PS4 as a gaming system while Microsoft was marketing the Xbox One as an "entertainment system". If I'm buying a console, I'm getting it to play games first and foremost. Watching Netflix and live chatting during NFL is a secondary thing which I didn't care about.

If you're really torn and not sure which one to get just buy the one most of your friends have so you can play together! I had a 360 before is got a PS3 and I loved both systems. They both had faults but what modern electonic device doesn't?

• I've never owned either but from roommates they seem similar in purpose.

Get the ones that your friends also have so you can play together. Who cares about exclusives if you have friends to play with. Best logic.

• I have an Xbox one, but since the specs are virtually the same, it depends which UI you like better. If you have Xbox live ($60 a yr) you get 2 free games a month and you get deals every week. I'm not sure what PS has. It also depends on which exclusives you like better. Xbox has: Ryse Sone of Rome, Halo, Dead Rising, Forza, Gears of War, Titanfall, and some upcoming ones like Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, and ReCore. PS4 exclusives: Bloodborne, Drive Club, God of War, inFAMOUS, Killzone, The Last of Us, The Order 1866, Uncharted, and some upcoming ones Attack on Titan, Gran Turismo, Rachet & Clank, etc. If you like Japanese games a lot get a PS4.

• Ps4 online is not free its the same price as xbox live now... Honestly the hardware in the PS4 is a bit better, though the games won't really be pushing it to the limits for another few years. Its all about the exclusives choose whicever system has the exclusive games that you like.

• Developers are already pushing both consoles to their limits. Both consoles are comparatively weak and as both use x86 architecture found in your standard PC, developers are able to get to grips with the architecture (even the Xbox One's esRAM) more quickly then they did with the previous generation of consoles.

• A PS4 has better specs and can run games better and they look better on PS4 too but I wouldn't decide on a console just based off of how games look.

They both have good exclusive games, Xbox typically has more action, shooter type exclusives (such as HALO), whilst Playstation typically has more adventure, story driven exclusives (such as The Last Of Us)

Honestly, I would just get the console that you're friends are getting/have already got. That is why I chose my PS4! (And I love it btw)

• It really is gonna depend on your preferences. X1 has streamlined voice and apparently the Microsoft Store is really good, but ps4 has amazing exclusives and people seem to love the controller. Also the x1 is a brick without Internet.

But there's so many other things to consider, and they're expensive so make sure you really do your research!

• It depends on the games you wanna play so check out which exclusive series interest you more.

If that doesn't matter then it's clearly the PS4. It's more powerful, cheaper and PS+ is a better offer in my opinion. and less features are behind a paywall.

Both consoles had a weak lineup since launch but I personally think that PS has the more interesting exclusives in general so I guess that will be the same on PS4 too in the long term but like I said that's just my personal taste

• Just PS4

Xbox has this bullshit internet connection that you have to pay for.
    PS4 online is for freeeeeeeeeeeee

• Just get a gaming PC, it can run games better and the games are cheaper during sales

• Xbox one can play 360 games wobif it wasn't for the fact that I already have a ps4 I'd definitely get an xbox one. Honestly aside from a few exclusives they're basically exactly the same

• Get the console that has the games you want to play. So if you prefer the library of games and up coming games on the PS4 then purchase that or the Xbox One if you prefer the games on that console.

• 0|0
    • Not everyone is hardcore enough to go the PC route. That meme describes gaming PCs rather well, and it's all true.

But some people want to hook up a gaming box to a TV, and play with multiple people in the same room. PC gaming is just you and your rig, talking to ur peeps online. :-P

• I suggest PS4 so we could play together but the Xbox One does have some good exclusives.

• Build your own PC instead.

• If you hate having money then go for X-Box One. If you prefer hardcore gaming and not getting screwed financially then go for a PS4.

• PS4 seriously how can you cope with that shitty controller of Xbox, there's a touchpad on the PS4 controller moreover.

• I don't know about you, but I hardly ever use that touch pad =P

• @lePoivre I use the touchpad on console because I'm a fighting game player, and an analog stick isn't as precise for that genre of game. that's why i'm getting a PS4. :-D

• @lePoivre but it can be used ok? Yeah like @Prof_Don plus how can someone use R2 for firing or accelerating in Xbox, it's a complete nuisance. In PS4 it's all gool, you use R3 for accelerating and R1 for firing. And play wwe on Xbox, you will never play on it again. I mean grapple with A, are you kidding me?

• Depends on which of ur fave games is exclusive to.

• ps4 they are better

• If you want halo, gears of war, or forza get an Xbox. If you don't want those, then get ps4

• Ps4 - its by far the better console

• PS4!!! get thAT!

• That really depends on personal taste.

The best thing to do is check out the exclusive games that come out on both systems. because thats pretty important.
    Personally i'd go ps4, just because i'm a loyal playstation person.

• If you like shooters, Xbox One. Otherwise, get a PS4.

• Wii U Nintendo is the best

• PS4 because Sony is Alpha!

• ps4 crew.
    .

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 7

• Get a PS 4 because we need to rebel against the PC master race and Microsoft killed Halo! Honestly though, I got my PS 4 because I thought I would be getting Silent Hills... Alas, it was because of that thinking that I never downloaded PT, so instead of my PS 4 being worth over $1,000 it's only worth as much as a normal, used PS 4 T_T Not that I'm selling it any time soon. But yeah, I'd recommend a PS 4.

• I'd say PS4 because its cheaper and has better hardware. However i have a gaming PC with a gtx 970 in it so i tend not to recommend consoles.

• Depends on what kinds of games you want to play.

For the kind I'm more into I would go for the PS4.

• I suggest PS4, it has much better games, at least for me :)

• PS4, I prefer PC's though.

• ps4, need i say more?

• PS4 sounds more fun.