For The Walking Dead fans. Including Spoilers for most recent episode?

So as you guys all saw from this recent episode where Glenn "dies". Am I the only one who thinks he isn't? Because if you look back from where Nicholas shot himself in the head, and he leaned his body pushing Glenn on the ground, I'm sure the zombies were eating Nicholas's body. And if you were watching The Talking Dead after, When they did the Memorial for zombies/characters who died, Glenn's memorial wasn't on it, just a crowd of zombies, so I believe he's not dead. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was totally distraught when I saw that scene, but after I calmed down a bit, watched the scene a couple more times, and gave it some thought, I also believe Glenn made it out alive. Here's why.

1. Main reason: He wasn't named on In Memoriam and Steven Yeun didn't appear on Talking Dead. Glenn is too important of a character not to mention like that.

2. Nicolas was clearly the one being eaten. You can tell by the way his body is positioned. And I would say Glenn appears to be screaming more out of emotional anguish and fear than pain from being ripped apart.

3. This was just a really crappy death for such a loved character. So first, Nicolas left Glenn to die (which didn't result in Glenn's death, but resulted in Noah's). Then, Nicolas actually tried to kill Glenn by shooting him, beating him up, and leaving him for walkers (which he survived). And after all that, Glenn forgave him and believed in him and really tried to save him. And we're supposed to believe that this jerk's suicide is what causes Glenn's death? No way. Glenn's going to die a spectacular, heroic death and Maggie's going to be there to see it. Or, even better, maybe he won't die at all (we can hope!).

4. Glenn's gotten out of tough pickles before. This one's gonna be a toughie, but if anyone can do it, Glenn can.

So yeah. This was just the writers wanting to give us a shock. Let's say it worked!

• Couldn't agreed more. I didn't get why so many people were blinded that they thought he was the one getting eaten alive. But hey they got most of the audience with this "tragic".

Most Helpful Guy

• if he comes out of that alive then it's a jump the shark moment for the show. i've read the theories with nicholas's body falling and all that, but it would be pure rubbish for him to miraclously survive that. the show needed to show it's teeth again and have some meaningful deaths, not just faceless alexandrians and minor characters. i know people loved glen and his meaning for the show, i don't need to be told of it. if you're going to show a death then commit to it or don't even go there. i'm hoping the show doesn't jump the shark here, it's been an incredibly impressive s6 so far.

• Fair enough, but if they're going to kill a major character, they really need to do a good job with it. Make it powerful and heroic so the fans are happy. The whole dumpster scene was clearly Nicolas' death scene you see. The focus was on him, he was the one who was emotionally unstable, he was the one who got the meaningful last words. Glenn got no last words and very little focus in that scene was actually on him. They wouldn't treat such a loved character that way right before their death.

Nope, we haven't seen the last of him!

• @snowangle i agree his apparent death wasn't worthy, but sometimes those are the breaks. my real problem would be if he's still alive then it's a credibility issue for the show. the motto from the beginning is that no one is safe but now certain people have been deemed untouchable. a lot of advertising for the show is based on daryl's image, imagine if he bit it then that's a revenue stream that dries up, something amc doesn't want. the show has been on six seasons now, realistically the original crew should be gone by now but their status as fan favorites keeps them around. i'm still watching so clearly i buy into the where the show is now, but fake out deaths would seriously make me not want to waste another minute on it. it's gimmickry for a show that doesn't need to go the route. when negan shows up later on is he only going to half way bash someone's head in, or go all the way? that will involve a major character (supposed to be glenn) so will the show commit to it or half ass it?

What Girls Said 1

• I really hope he is still alive, it looked like Nicholas was the one that was being eaten, but if he is, how the hell is he gonna survive? lol but I still want to believe that he can make it, I dont care if he dies in the comics, he can't die in the show!!! no way! hahah he is too awesome, killing him is almost as bad as killing Daryl lol. But damn! what a good episode!

• I think he's gonna slip under the dumpster and someone's gonna save him, just like he did for Rick in season 1 when he was trapped in the tank :D

• @snowangle I hope so! haha this dude is being surviving so long, he is always so close to death xD ahaha he better be alive! I can't wait for the next episode ahhh is getting so good!

What Guys Said 6

• Asshole, don't you know that it shows the first few lines of questions.
    I already watched it and had it spoiled twice before that, but still dude.

Anyway, at least half of the fans think he didn't die. None of us really know.

• Just to think outside the box a bit...
    I think as Nicholas gets eaten it starts to turn to walker blood and covers Glenn and he is able to walk out of there when the herd is gone.

• glenn dies in the comic books pretty soon. they meet a group of other people and this dude smashes his brain in with a nail bat. also in the comic rick lost his hand to the governor and it looks like he's about to lose his hand now. waaaayyyyyy late.

• that's what I was thinking, I bet he is still alive, I hope he is

• are we on about the amazing Game or the shitty tv show

• He's dead. That would be the dumbest thing for him to survive. It would be more stupid than what happened in the show Dallas. People just need to suck it up. I was surprised though because he has a very specific death in the comics that happens after this point in the show so I always believed he would live through anything until it got to that point. I'm interested in who's going to replace the death that was supposed to be his.

Even if that was nicholas being ripped open Glenn didn't try to move or anything he just screamed and then passed out. There's no where to move or crawl the dude is dead. I don't know why they didn't try to scale the side fence though.