Girls, is my girlfriend insecure?

my girlfriend is Chinese, and often hates it when I watch shows that poke fun at Chinese people, like American Dad and family guy. she hated a joke that was made in American Dad towards Asians. wtf is with her? I know Asian girls and guys who like American Dad. she's even forbidding me from watching these shows, and I don't see a reason to do so. I'm Indian, and don't mind the jokes they make at my culture.

is she Right or insecure?

Updates:
this is at her house, as she has Netflix and I don't.

and I have a female friend who has Netflix, who enjoys watching them with me

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If something is making someone uncomfortable, you can't tell them that they're wrong. She finds it offensive. I don't agree with her forbidding you from watching something that you enjoy, but she's free to not watch them herself.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't make her Watch them. I just want to enjoy these shows, as I feel it's harmless comedy

• Show All
    • I do not have Netflix, so I rely on my girlfriend and my female friend to watch with them. I have to watch it at their houses

• I don't think it's cheating to watch TV with a friend. If that's the case, then I have cheated on every single one of my partners because of varying tastes.

Your girlfriend can control watch is watched on her Netflix account (and definitely at her house) - that's totally fair. I don't think it's wrong for you to watch the show at a friend's house (but you can also ask someone for the password and watch it on your laptop or whatever).

What Girls Said 2

• Some people just dont stand this fun it depends ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Those are really gross and offensive shows, I don't blame her for hating them at all.

0|0
    0|0