Who was the greatest rapper of the 1990's?

And explain what would've happened if 2pac or Biggie didn't get killed.
Personally I think 2pac would've gone on and started his own record label in 1998-2000, he would've crossed over and become more of a movie star and less of a rapper in the 2000's and in the 2010's he would be very involved in politics and maybe even be running for president!
Biggie would've done a lot of similar things as Diddy has done in the past 15 years, open up a record label, start a very popular clothing line, and maybe even have his own reality show.

• 2pac
  • The Notorious BIG
  • Snoop Dogg
  • Ice Cube
  • Dr. Dre
  • Other (comment below)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Warren G! I think you are spot on about 2pac. I think Biggie would have ended up in DOC for tax evasion, though. Either way, the world missed out on some great talent with the deaths of those two

What Guys Said 19

• spent a lot more time listening to krs-one and redman records from that decade. for me the 90's and hip hop was more about groups rather than individual rappers. mobb deep, gangstarr, de la soul, tribe and so on, they really represented the 90's more than anything.

• MC Hammer and Coolio

• 2Pac. He had the best lyrics, they were full of meaning and emotions.
    Biggie was the best at flow though, but as an overall rapper, 2Pac was better.

• I agree I think biggie and tupac from the 90's. I think it's about a tie. It's hard to pick one

• I must say that Tupac had one of the most unique put-downs to his rival rappers ever: "You (N-words) got sickle-cell or something?"

• 1|0
  • I have to go with Tupac and Biggie as a tie. They were both at their peak but, too sad their career ended by violence.

• Eminem was the best, is the best, will always be the best. People like to say they don't like him because he went mainstream but he has only had one bad album and all the others have been great.

I also like Biggie and 2 Pac though.

• Eminem started rapping in the late 1990's and didn't become popular until the early 2000's, so he doesn't really count. I love Eminem too but he's the best rapper of the 2000's

• He released his first album in 1996 and his second in 1999 and they were both great albums. Popularity has nothing to do with how good or bad you are. See Pitbull for example...

• Rapper obviously Biggy, 2pac was better than him in general but Biggy is the best ever rapper, without discussion.

• Anyone who isn't a rapper.

Does that not make sense?

If so it's because I hate rap. ^_^

• Sno greatest Canadian rapper to ever live.

• For sure

Nas
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Snoop dogg
    Dre
    Redman
    Lauryn Hill

• i liked nwa the group their album straight out of compton is a classic

• No one cares 'cuz it's rap.

• 2pac go hard on them flows.

• biggie small... common...

• 2PAC is my homie

<3

• justin bieber

• I vote Tupac. He and Biggie would have gone into acting, just as Ice Cube, Will Smith, LL Cool J, and Snoop Dogg did.

What Girls Said 3

• Srry... I don't know much about rapper.

• you are jokeing right? that so called thing they do and try to call it music is nothing but crap not rap

• It's a tie between 2pac and Biggie. but I am leaning a bit more towards Biggie.