Which decades out of the last sixty years were better musically?

I'll say the 50's 60's 70's, and 90's/early 2000's

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess 90's because alternative music started becoming a thing people were actually aware of and I generally adore 90's alternative

Most Helpful Guy

• No brainer! 1960's You had the "British Invasion", The start of heavy metal, Country music was really country. With all of these LEGENDS that are still imitated today, there was also a brilliant master American guitarist named Jimi Hendrix!

• Nashville was like the second biggest recording hub in the 50's & 60's. Not only did Country come out of there, several rock N roll songs, pop, classical, folk did as well

• that's exactly what I hate about today's country and a lot of other music in general. Song-writers should be making as much as the "Artists" are. I try not to buy music that's not written by the Artists, but it's hard sometimes

• Also back then Tom T Hall, Bill Anderson, Johnny Cash etc... were songwriters and singers, and succeeded at both. Now the writers dont get any credit like they did

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• i like many different things from the 60's up to the 90's. after that it gets harder to find the quality among the many shitpiles.

• true, but even in the sixties and up there was shitty music

• don't forget memphis with stax, one of the best labels ever.

• Yes! The South dominated musically for a time. Nashville in the 50's/60's was like the #2 recording center in the USA

• I love all music but when it comes down to it Id say late 60's http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZceAQSJvc
    to early 70'shttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjxqI8CqgI

• 60's and 70's

• All generations are great none of them is better than the other

• so you think its more the artists than the decades?

• They are good, but better in their time

• It's not the band itself "the bands are just an example of what I've seen/heard oh and I don't really like em tbh haha but if someone does okay that's them" it's just the person who likes them that think they're the hope for humanity if they like listening to them