What is the one musician you think is extremely overrated and one you think is very underrated?

Underrated:

Overrated:
Almost all the 'cool new acts'... It seems people forgot what true artistry is these days. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Overrated:
    Taylor Swift
    John Mayer
    Metallica
    Pink Floyd
    Celine Dion
    Styx (just because REO Speedwagon were much better but got equated to Styx)
    ... List can go on and on

Not counting the likes of Selena Gomez and her lesbian ex Beiber because they are not even worth being called singers. Actually, neither is Taylor Swift.

• Thank you so much @LittleSally. Let the real music live on. Sad that many of the legends and icons are passing away one by one.

• True... :(

• This is my argument. People very quickly jump to the verdict of saying "oh I love XYZ". My question to them: "Do you have all their albums? Have you even heard a single CD from start to end? Do you want to listen to it again FROM START TO END?".

Most Helpful Girl

• Overrated-Taylor Swift... sigh, I love her, but Lana.

Underrated-Gotye, Hozier, FKA Twigs

What Guys Said 13

• The most overrated: Kanye West

He's got "some" good songs and just two "good", great if you want albums. Out of that all the succes and awards he's got doesn't reflects what he as musician is.

The most underrated (talking about kind of pop artists) : Madeon

Started making music at 11, became famous around his 16 by entering and winning some remix contests. His music is unique, catchy, nice and even pop and cool. Now he's 21 and relased a great album completely produced by him. His music is appart of the rest of pop music nowdays. He's not just another electro/pop producer, his music is made of complex musical theory and also complex produccion techniques, which results into a very alive music full of feelings. At his 21 he has visited several countries and performed in many festivals around the world, even so he is not well recognized. Pop music would be credible If he was the top on the lists. I think his music is the sound of these times, it's the sound of my youth, not a better way to explain it.

• This one is definetely underrated. See how perfectly he sings in English xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25jpc2gdv8I

• overrated: disposable pop fluff nonsense
    underrated: swervedriver and the kinks

• Over-rated: Bob Dylan
    Under-rated: Karla Bonoff

• Ha-ha. Yeah. I could never hear through a complete song from Dylan.

• I mostly listen to underrated artists, but that's because electronic music is not so popular...

• Justin is overrated to me...

• Regina Spektor :) awesome..
    Over rated would be Nickelback 😐🔫

Under-rated for me Die Antwoord

• Overrated:
    New Fall Out boy albums

Underrated:
    Every metal artist from the 70s, 80s, and 90s

• Madonna is overrated to me.

• Madonna had her own place and style in the 80s. She lost that after that. The albums became boring as hell. Now, her songs are crap but she manages to attract people because her shows are (supposedly) like Broadway.

• Justin Bieber, overrated. Timmy Yuro (Female Italian pop singer of the 60's) under-rated.

• Can't people just like whatever they want without being judged by hippies for not liking "true original bullshit music"... I don't know... just a thought... :)

• So you think everything out there is good?

• @apple24 It legit cringes me out when people try and act "cool" or try and publicize their whole life on social media (sorry this is off topic) but its just so unnecessary... I see that you are 20, do you go to university?

• yes i do go to uni! ... when I younger I was always afraid of not knowing enough song or if the song were gud! hahah now I listen to whatever i want!

• Overrated, too many for example madonna

• Overrated would have to be a tossup between Gaga and Adele.
    Underrated... Natasha Bedingfield

What Girls Said 8

• Overatted: Adele
    Underrated: Paloma Faith

• Overrated would be Beyonce. Underrated would definitely be Jojo. She has an amazing voice and doesn't get the recognition she deserves.

• Overrated -- Taylor Swift
    Underrated -- Novo Amor

• Overrated: Taylor Swift
    Underrated: Banks

• Overrated-ac/dc
    Underrated-band of horses

• overrated: taylor swift
    underrated: walk off the earth

• Overrated: ADELE, someone please shut her up.
    Underrated: where to begin? well, let's say David Lynch. He's not meant to aesthetically please the public, which in turn doesn't really get that.

• I don't care what others think about musicians. I simply listen to what I like.