Favorite games are not necessarilly favorite games I've played.
I'm a gamer in spirit; I watch the trailers, I watch walkthroughs, sometimes I have art books but I've never had the chance to play. I don't make enough to get the systems (took a lot of luck for me to get a Wii system) etc.
My favorite games that I only have a little actual playing experience with:
1) Bioshock 1 and Infinite.
3) The Last of Us or Watchdogs. Tough to say, as I've only played each game for like 10 minutes, while the other guys hogged their system (but didn't know how to play, so it was hours of trying to figure out how to get on some ledge or jump on to something. Not as much actual story line seen.
2) Portal and Portal 2. More Portal 2 because of Wheatley.
1) Dishonored. I just liked the look, and the idea of being able to play a whole game by stealth and without killing people is pretty cool.
Favorite games I have a lot more experience with:
5) Halo 1. My specialty was Frag or Sticky Grenades. For whatever reason, that was the thing that leveled the playing field between me and people who could play every day. Now... I liked the settings that were in two, but didn't care much for the duel wield, and I could never find the decent weapons. Plus, some of the lands were too big for 2 or 3 guys to find each other. Blood Gulch was a favorite.
4) Half Life 2. This is similar to Portal (same universe). I have a special sense of nostalgia for Half Life 2; My sister had to review video games as a part of her job. She knew absolutely NOTHING about video games; I love video games, and was big into animation, film, character, design, that sort of thing. So she'd let me play the games, I'd ghostwrite for her. I loved the mythology, and was lucky enough to play it weeks before the "official" release.
Through the years, I learned about Portal and Portal 2. It took me ages to discover that it was set in the same "universe" as Half Life 2, this game I had given a (glowing) review. One of my favorite "MODERN" games.
3) Most of the Mario series. Sorry, it's too hard to narrow it down. So I'll stick with Mario.
2) Tekken 3. I was working at an arcade at the time. I got really really good because after work or on days off, I'd play the best people.
1) Super Smash Bros Brawl. I like playing my nephew at this one.