The difference between feminists/radical feminists/man hating feminazis?

I asked a question about two weeks ago about something a die hard feminist had asked me. Surprise, surprise.. I got nothing but negative comments from women because they automatically assumed I was "generalizing" and "bashing their fabulous movement". So my question is this.. How can you tell the difference between a feminist, a radical feminist, and a feminazi man hater?
I've been told that radical feminists and man hating feminists are practically one in the same. I've also been told that these are the same feminists who rally streets freeing the nip or dying their arm pit hair to support the cause. Maybe this is so, maybe not. I wouldn't know because I truly have not met one feminist who actually fights for equality, rather than dominance over the sexes. Note: I said I had NOT MET a true feminist. That DOES NOT mean that I don't believe they exist. With that said, if you take offense then there is something wrong with you, not I.
I would not say I'm anti-feminist. I would saying I'm anti-ignorance and anti-man haters though (if you must). And it seems like these are the two types of women I run into these days. Feminism in not common where I am from. My community runs an old fashioned life style and it has been this way forever. I love my lifestyle, honestly. I like living the old fashioned ways. And before questioning, yes. I have lived in modern lifestyles for two years and I could not stand it at all so I moved back home. So anyways, feminism is very scarce where I am from. All except your small group of "anti-men" and "don't do anything for your man, you're not his mother" women.
So, how can I tell the difference between feminists these days?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all silly to me really, and to be honest I just don't care, people can give themselves whatever titles they want but boiled down you're either for the betterment of people or your not.

Man or women makes no difference just like hippy or not makes no difference, I care about the environment but I'm not a hippy, I'm going to enjoy my double meat whatever when I want. XD

Saying that you are a "blank" is just what people do to help them achieve their self delusion of fitting in with a group.

Most Helpful Girl

• 'Feminazi' is just a word invented to discredit the movement and demonize feminists.

There are many different branches of feminism, and people within those can have differing opinions even. Some examples are:

Radical feminists: they either want matriarchy, or there are some who are separatists ie. they want men and women to live completely separately from one another. This is where you will find feminists who hate men, although not all of them necessarily do.

Liberal feminists: they want to work within existing structures to achieve greater gender equality.

Socialist feminists (that's me): believe that gender inequality is an inherent part of capitalism, and equality cannot be achieved until we achieve socialism. We focus not just on gender inequality but on inequalities of class, ethnicity, sexuality, etc. ; because we see all of them as interconnected.

Those are just a few examples, there are lots more which you can look up if you're interested

• 15d

I thought radical feminist ARE feminazis. The two are one in the same.

What Guys Said 10

• Feminists: little sheep that have nothing to say and spread the dogma.

Feminazi/radical feminists: the face and voice of feminism.

There are more feminists than the radical feminists but then not enough do enough to shut those radicals up. Evidence based reasoning is too difficult anyways. Just lap up that sweet misandrist Kool-Aid. I see many youtube channels critically and thoroughly analyzing the feminist claims only to be dismissed as being harassers because they are men.

I love the story of how "mansplaining" first happened. Feminist goes into an text based argument and drops that "mansplaining" bomb only to discover the other persons in the chat assumed everyone was male. By victimizing herself, they realize that she was a dumb feminist.

• You are asking the wrong website this question.
    Most of the self-proclaimed feminist of gag really dont understand feminism at all
    and hardly feminist themselves

You are asking to differentiate between feminist groups. which is such a complex question because feminism is by nature subjective. it means something different to every woman depending on her experiences with patriarchy.

it seems you have little understanding about what "true" or rather what most feminist thinkers want to accomplish.

i am going to write a mytake on feminism to educated all these misinformed gagers

• Feminazi is just a word coined by misogynist Rush Limbaugh. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCFySez-4tw

http://i57.tinypic.com/jzu1ag.jpg

• You don't have to like Rush Limbaugh in order to appreciate that term! LOL

• Nothing wrong with your average feminist who recognizes the evolutionary differences between men and women but thinks women should be treated as equals.

^^I'm that kind of feminist meself!

Then you have the "Drama Queen Feminists" who blame everything on... PATRIARCHY!

Then you have the extremely RADICAL FEMINISTS who hate men and think they should actually be subjugated in order for women to get control.

• basically nowadays women have all equal rights. there is no right that´s refused to be given to them. thus "feminism" - the fight for equal rights for "women" (no it´s not for "equality", that´s just what confused whiteknights or girls say). thus all forms of feminism are obsolete, exept maybe for keeping equal rights in place.

• Why is this a question and not a mytake? I dont have to read this.. I made something similar like this on another Forum. I know the difference. But this would be better as a mytake. Definetly.

• No, you didn't have to, yet you chose to comment? Its a question is asked. What is the difference between them? A question does not belong in a mytake.

• In my experience there all the same.

• You said it yourself. The manhater hates men, not sexism. The radical one wants to do some pretty extreme shit, feminazi is a god dam Rush Limbaugh creation and should not be considered a proper word, like everything Rush Limbaugh says.

• and there wasn't gender inequality long before capitlaism existed... cool.

• Feminist = dishonest, sexist women who hide behind a false definition of feminism to support their sexist agenda.

Feminiazi = a scapegoat used by all feminists so they can blame the bad behavior of the entire feminist movement on someone else.

All feminists are guilty of all of the shit feminism has done and continues to do today. If you support the movement, you are guilty of its crimes, period.

What Girls Said 2

• Feminists: Focus on the ineqaulity of women in comparison of men. Do not demonize men, acknowledge other issues and aim to fix not dominate.
    Radical Feminist: Take things out of context and apply sexist connotations to them when it is not necessary or present. Often demonize/blame men, don't acknowledge any other issues other than female issues.
    Man hating feminazis: People who pervert the idea of true feminism as a form of superiority gain in the race of the genders.

• Feminism seems to be a popular topic today. This is the third post I've commented on about feminism today. It's pretty common on GaG for feminists and feminazis to be generalized into one group. The truth is, we're NOT the same. Real feminists just want equality and the right the choose. Feminazis are just man haters. Feminazis want to be above men and look down on other women who choose traditional lifestyles and conform to stereotypical gender roles. Real feminists just want women to be allowed to CHOOSE. We just want women to have the option to work, or be a housewife, and everything else. There was once a time when women were expected to just be mothers and housewives and that was it. Feminists believe that women should have the choice to be housewives, or business women, soldiers, or never get married at all, or anything else we want to be. That's it. We just want women to have choices! Radical feminists aren't full on feminazis, they just try to pressure other women into following feminism. They're usually the ones who rally in the street. They make everything into a debate about sexism. Most real feminists don't go parading our femnism through the streets. You might not even be aware if someone you know is a feminist. For the most part we're just ordinary girls and women who do ordinary things. I have never burnt a bra or anything extreme like that. I just live my life, and treat everyone equally regardless of gender and stand up for others when they're discriminated against. Everyone should have the right to choose.