GAGers! what do you think of adults who like MLP?

title says it all!! what are your thoughts when it comes to adults who like my little pony (any generation)... it can be that they like to watch the show or that they like to collect the figures...

update!

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• there's no such thing as an adult who likes MLP, only kids who like MLP pretending to be adults ;)

• I decided to watch it mostly to spite people who don't like bronies, because I'm an ass like that apparently. Having actually watched it, I don't see the problem with liking it. If the virtues of friendship are inappropriate for males to enjoy then what the fuck? It's rather simplistic in it's delivery of message but these we don't really see positive messages in shows anymore. It's all drama drama drama, cool action sequence, insert joke, who died this week? Etc. Or maybe I'm just guilty of watching all the wrong shows, I don't know.

• I think I found out about bronies by accident through a jokey newspaper article - I have been in therapy ever since after seeing the pictures.

• nope don't like that one.
    but some of the shows from when my kids were young that I like are:
    The Land Before Time. I still say "yep yep yep" like that little green dude.
    Spongebob
    Cat Dog
    phineus and ferb

• The previous MLP incarnations were designed in hell to torment people; but while MLP:FiM is a kid cartoon, numerous episodes of it were designed to be quality. I see no reason to look down on people for an interest in a quality show.

• thanks for your understanding

• This is just like when 15 year olds suddenly say "pokemon is for kids so I hate it"

like, it's some form of self-validation that they are "no longer children and therefore don't do things that children do"

• Honestly - I have never really gotten this... AT ALL!!

• Freaks and weirdos.

• people with a mental illness.

• You do you boo

• i have nothing personal agaisnt them i dont understand why the like it but then again some people dont understand why i like video games, comics and ocasional anime so i can't judge : )

• all adults and bronies should be taking therapy. there in nothing good about grown ups liking a cartoon designed for 5 year old girls

• I don't know if you knew this, but lots of times people watch TV with their children, so show writers slip in "transparant" adult content and polish their shows in ways that children don't necessarily appreciate but adults do, to engage them while their child is also being engaged.

Shows are meant to be GOOD, regardless of target audience. I'm not into soaps, myself, but were one to have a compelling story (God forbid) and character-driven development (Ha!), I wouldn't push it away if it were in front of me.

• @Transigence i can understand watching with kids. but people who live and breath mlp who are over the age of 15 are just strange

• I honestly don't get the hate...

• And here I thought call of duty was lame.

• Oh gawd... Bronies :(

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah... I don't get it one bit, I didn't get it when I was a kid.

I watched a VICE show about it recently, the people seem nice but man- they seem very detached from reality. Their reality sucks so much they seem to throw themselves into this fantasy and the fact others do it and support and encourage it... well, it's up to them how they cope with life and they mean no harm to anyone else so I think let them be.

It isn't something I could get on board with though, say a potential partner was into it - I'd find it a major turn off. MAJOR.

• am not a real brony... i just like it...

• A shirt is where you gotta draw the line.

• @Transigence you know... I think I could even handle a shirt, ha! You can claim they're wearing it ironically...

• I think er... not my type!

• Hahaha I think it's a fetish like any other. Maybe not sexual, but still a fetish. xD

• People all have the right to have their own hobbies and I don't have anything against that. I do find it a bit weird to be honest and I wouldn't date a guy that was into bronies. But yeah as long as they are having fun

• thanks to be honest

• You're welcome :) and just to be clear, I think it's fine people like them and you should do whatever you enjoy and don't stop being yourself because you're scared of what others might think. But I couldn't be with an adult with this hobby because we just wouldn't match

• thanks man

• Their hormones must be at a hoot. It's ok if you are spending time with the kids and watching that pony crap but I can visualise the elderly with dementia watching that. However there are much more worse things to watch I suppose.

• They are funny, LoL :P

• I think it's weird but they're not doing any harm so it's their choice. I wouldn't date a brony though

• It's... Not right. That's like a grown man liking Monster High or something... They are children's cartoons man... It's wrong...

• @Mesonfielde I guess I see your point of view. Very well stated..

• Interesting story;
      So I was picking at a major warehouse when I came across a pick for a Monster High doll. Well the colors grabbed me so I gave it a good look. I thought it looked really cool for a young girl -- it was a doll, but it was also different and new. I thought maybe girls were getting better toys. Maybe they are but I only told you that story to tell this one...

So I got all the MH movies and watched them. They are TERRIBLE. All the girls are the exact same shape, and while the show features valuable lessons, values, etc., it seems to center around fashion. Ugh.

The dialog is AWFUL. If I had a 5 year old girl, I wouldn't want her watching it because it would make her stupid. I know you have to dumb it down and simplify things a bit for very young audiences, but this goes too far.

So the good:
      It's pretty and colorful
      Characters are distinct, lovable, and well-written

The bad:
      Everything else. The modeling (computer), rendering, story, writing, dialog -- all shit.