Anybody else starting to really hate modern video games?

Cliche boring predictable anime jrpgs
Boring western made open world trash (Look at you Witcher 3, arkham Knight)
Brodude games (Looking at you Xbox One)
Boring realistic racing games
Boring sports games

There is ZEROOOOOOO imagination. Back in the PS2 era we had shit loads of variety. It blows my mind how gamers still get hyped for Fallout 4. It's the same damn fucking open world trash as the next. All these fucking games are the same. Seriously, FF15 looks like trash shit, like it's anime shit trying hard to be western shit.

There is no point of even playing these damn games. I now have tons of cash saved up because I stopped buying a lot of video games for the last few years. I have money to burn lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• The Nintendo ones are still great and thats all I play

Most Helpful Guy

• lol, I hear you. The golden age of video games has passed. By and large, most stuff today is terribly derivative and unimaginative.

Now this is true of any artistic medium, it reaches maturity and saturation -- the mere novelty of it is passed. So only stellar efforts, based on strong creative principles, are going to make the cut. Most games can't pass that test, due to the corporate interest behind them.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 8

• the games you listed, probably, but this game im contemplating on buying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_XwzBMTJaM

• If that's how you feel why are you still playing video games? Go and find another hobby? I think there are a few very good games released this generation on all three systems and that will only continue as more games come out.

• Mostly dlc, pay to win, in game purchases and early access ( aka we ain't gonna finish this game ever). That's the cancer of the gaming industry. There are still decent games though.

• 😂 you're so negative

• stop playing console then..
    pc master race

• If you want some creativity and a huge selection in your games it's time to buy a PC to do your gaming on, you can even use an Xbox controller.

I agree though mostly, although I will take open world every single time over not having any choice where or what I want to do. Think Skyrim VS. Thief.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

and play civilization 3-5. you're welcome. changed your life forever.

• what games do you like to play?