Have you ever seriously read or written fan fiction?

• Yes!
    69% (22)40% (4)62% (26)Vote
  • No!
    31% (10)60% (6)38% (16)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
10|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to go through phases of reading fan fiction - Since I tend to focus on characters more than plots, I like the stories that give different or more in depth looks at my favourite characters. A lot of the time the person I would like might be a supporting character rather than the main hero/heroine so I like to learn more about them even though it is the writer's imagination but if it is written well, you can immerse yourself in it.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• I read one on Black Butler once, it was Yaoi and it was SOOO good! 💜
    You can absolutely forget about 80-90% of them because they are written by 11-13 year old fan girls though..

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure, I've read quite a lot. I don't think I've seriously written it, I wrote one once but it was a spoof kinda thing, nothing serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • No waysies, not my thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I would like to some day.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, is it not just a not so good attempt at copying the authors characters?

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes I read something and want more. Maybe an epilogue, or a sequel, or just a side-story.

The fact that most of them are pretty crappy or just weird is unfortunate :(

• Yeah I get what you mean, you don't want the story to end... but that's life, they do end!

• I do. I'm a proud Directioner and also 5sosfam so there. You got your answer. Yeah, that's classified as fanfiction too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I've read and written them... Lol there are Harry Potter fanfics that are better than the real series! And I love anime fanfics too

0|0
    0|0
  • I've read way too many fics. I think i tried to write one once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Read, yes; written, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like fan fictions

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I write a lot in general, but not really anything I would call fanfiction. I tend to be drawn to universes and worlds rather than characters, a trend which doesn't seem to fit in with most fan fiction sites.
    I've read a fair bit but generally so much has been of low quality that I haven't spent the time to find the gold (though occasional lucky finds still stand out in my memory as great pieces of fiction).

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, if you're a creative writer enough why not create your own characters?

0|0
    0|0
  • No... don't have the skill set.

0|0
    0|0