Should I still pursue ballet?

So, basically I'm a 15 year old and I dance but like ever since I was a child I'd love to learn ballet. But I'm quite flexible now with the help of some of my close friends who are ballerinas and for a short period of time they taught me a few moves, and stretches and it made me quite flexible. lol. And since then I wanted to learn ballet more. And I have an 11 year old cousin, she says she wants to take ballet this summer and I thought maybe I should do it with her too. And apparently I asked my parents if I could, but they told me it would be too hard for me to even split. And I was like "you have no idea at all" They don't really support me when it comes to talents that I want to pursue. But I really wanna learn :(

Most Helpful Guy

• You go for what you feel is your passion. Otherwise, you WILL regret it later. This is coming from a person, who was in your shoes and caved in to pressure for his family and friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I say go for it, see if you have what it takes. You're willing to learn and you're interested in it, I think that's more than enough reason to try it out and see if it's for you.

What Guys Said 3

• If you are interested you should take part - You don't have to be good at everything you do ( I am not saying you are good or bad just if you enjoy it, do it ) - I play soccer with my friends and I am awful but I enjoy it.

• Yes you should follow your heart. It really depends on what company you want to dance for, on what training you should get; I am currently learning the Vaganova method of classical Russian ballet.

• Just don't pursue it professionally -- it has no monetary value. You can't eat without money.

But if you want to do it as a past-time, by all means, continue doing it.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah I feel ya! I bet if I told my mom I want to be a fashion designer she wouldn't support me ! Also, I would like to play the drums and the guitar but again she can't because of the money issues! I like to try new things!

• yeah it's hard when they can't appreciate if you have a talent in something and to them it's completely worthless

• Well I do compete in science so I love it but sometimes acads are boring even tho you need it but you can learn from new things right? Maybe, you'd be pretty good at it.

• Yeah I would mind it much if it wasn't so much info throw at me! I feel more relax when it comes to math.

• I think you definitely should pursue whatever activity you love doing. So, yes of course you should.

• Do what your heart desires.