I want information on the history background, the music, fashion style and lifestyle of people who identify with grunge subculture. Be detailed please

Most Helpful Guy

• Grunge was kind of a music genre and accompanying subculture that was HUGE with young people in the early to mid 90s. It originated in Seattle, and bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice In Chains were extremely popular. It was most popular with people in their teens and twenties. The music was an angsty brand of alternative rock, the clothes were kind of disheveled looking, but still could look well-put-together. Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam, was probably the de facto grunge heartthrob for the ladies, I'm trying to think of a current day guy that girls now obsess over with the same intensity, and I don't think I'm coming up with anything.
    There you have it, that's the style in a nutshell. Cargo shorts, combat boots, flannel shirt.

• So grunge and rock are kinda the same subculture, since grunge people listen to classic and alternative rock?

• Also if you Wikipedia grunge they have a like 10 page article on it

• @whattothink @ WhiteSteve
      I 'll definitely check wikipedia. I'm very interested to learn more about all the aspects of the subculture. I'm still kinda confused about how it differs from rock and hipsters. I mean, I was born in '93, I have some memories but I haven't been a part of it.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• Grunge is a subgenre of alternative rock. That apparently started to appear in the mid 80's in Seattle. Though grunge didn't become extremely popular until the early 90's. Which the Nirvana ended up making it even more popular. Which i guess the fashion and style came to be thanks to other grunge bands. Which I assume most rebellious teens in the 90's dressed that way.

Guess here is some videos talking about it.

• Use google?

• all I find in google is about how 80s grunge resurfaces in fashion. No real info, just outfits