Did anyone ever actually survive/win the game, The Oregon Trail?

This was like the go to game for my teachers in middle school to have us play, and it just never seemed like you could actually win this game. My "kids" always died of some disease, the wagon always broke down, the oxen always drowned, or we ran out of food. I know it was supposed to mimic the hardships of having to make that trek, but CLEARLY a lot of settlers did survive to help shape the country, but I always felt like the game was a little bit over zealous on ensuring that you died.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I managed to make it to my destination at least once! Either way, I enjoyed being on the computer and "traveling."

What Guys Said 5

• It's been so damn long (I remember playing Oregon Trail on Apple II computers!) that I just don't remember. I *do* remember spending hours playing it, and dying many times.

• I did once. Every other time I died of dystintary

• I can't remember. I know I've died. Did someone actually put the game online to play? That would really bring back some memories.

• I survived until the end when I played that game in elementary school! :)

• Well in the sense that you end up in Oregon, no, you can't win.

Just kidding, Oregon is very nice, strange but nice.

What Girls Said 1

• i did! after dying from pnemonia like 8 times lol.