NAME a random VIDEO GAME you have played in your life? (Read details)?

Any game could be good bad, any genre, an old game new one. Any game. AND TRY NOT TO REPEAT ANYONE ELSES.

ill start.

My game is Final Fantasy Tactics!
@vishna @mskay @mooky06 @bubble_tea @ThisGurl @Mustachekitteh @BlueSJ @LovesTVDx @TheoryOfAvarice @complicated-soul @goflipaburger @redthread @meatballs21

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't play video games anymore, but I did love them when I was a kid, so these are all old as hell, circa 1990s and early 2000s.

Since people already mentioned Super Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, and Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow...

I'll go with Tekken. My dad and I played that a lot, at home and in the arcade (because my dad is a weirdo and had friends who would go battle in the arcades and they would let kid me play sometimes)

Duck Hunt because I liked the gun.
    X-Men (for SEGA Genesis)
    Crash Bandicoot
    Sonic the Hedgehog for SEGA

The only modern day video game I've played is Sims 3 lol

• Tekken! very nice

And you played x-men on the genesis? i remember playing that as a kid haha

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's an OLD-school video game that I used to love to play as a kid:

Tailgunner was a vector graphics game, like a number of other games from the late 70s/early 80s (Asteroids, Red Barron, Omega Race, etc'). You, the gamer, were the tailgunner on a space ship, and had to protect the ship from fighters who were trying to attack your ship. Waves of 3 fighters would approach your ship from behind, and you would have to shoot them down before they could get past you and damage your ship. If you weren't able to shoot them all, you had a limited amount of "shields" that would cause the fighters to bounce back rather than get by you - but once your shields were gone, they were gone for good. If 3 ships got by you, the game was over.

It was an expensive game, and so they tended only to be in bigger arcades or, back in the day, in Chuck E. Cheese pizza parlors, which were founded by the founder of Atari.

• Nice! Is it arcade only though? Never ported to a home console?

• No, never on a console that I know of, but I still pay it occasionally with MAME (an arcade machine emulator that will let you play the original arcade ROMs on your PC). It wasn't a hugely well-known game (it and The Red Barron shared hardware and console designs - just with different graphics - but The Red Barron was much more popular), and the console ports at that time were limited (the main home console being the Atari 2600, which was incredibly limited in capabilities), so by the time the NES came around in the second wave of home consoles, Tailgunner and games of that era had long been forgotten.

Hell, even the hugely popular Star Wars vector graphics game didn't get ported to consoles. :(

What Girls Said 53

What Guys Said 80