Im black and I hate rap. Why do people always think ALL black people like rap?

Seriously. Black people made songs of other genres as well. I dont like how people think i like rap just because im black.

And i dont hate new rap or certain rap songs. I hate the genre as a whole.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are stupid, and want the most convenient manner of thinking.

Rap is a predominantly black genre as well.

I'm black, and I don't hate rap, but its not my favorite either. I don't usually listen to a lot of rap.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stereotypes mate. They're for the lazy bastards in life who can't be bothered digging any deeper than the surface but want to tell everybody they've got the world figured out. I'm white and scottish and used to love it right back to nwa and cypress hill. If you call that stereotypical then you need a library

What Girls Said 12

• Stereotypes, plus the fact a lot of rappers are black. It's kinda like a lot of people thinking those who live in the country only listen to country music.

• Best thing you can do is let them know (if music comes up as a topic of converstation) what your music preferences are.

• I have never meet a black guy who likes rock!

• I feel you. I don't have any literal experience with that situation as I am not black but I emphasize with your situation.

• Not rap. Hip hop. People think all black people like hip hop, lol

• Because it's a music style that grew from Black culture and people like to label others.

• You'll never get away from that stereotype. You shouldn't take it personally.

• Because people are dumb.

• Because stereotypes suck. *Jams out to Visual kei music.* \m/
    youtube. com/watch? v=dZZGeCNa_5Y

• I don't know people assume it cause most of us do its like how we like the chicken😏😏

• Yeah prejudges

• I'm pretty sure African Americans practically invented rap (or something similar) which would explain it.

What Guys Said 13

• black people invented blues music and without that almost all forms of music we hear today doesn't exist. if you don't like rap that's fine, there's a ton of other great things to listen to.

• Do they give you shit about it or something? It's wrong to assume on their part, but I'd be kinda surprised too. This question reminded me of this meme

static.fjcdn.com/.../...talking_4b9210_5427478.jpg

• It is just a case of stereotypes - You can't assume all people of a certain group like the same things so I agree totally with your premise.

• Good for you. Some rap can't even technically be considered music because it lacks a melody.

I don't even think they listen to it though. I think they just like to have a loud THUD in the background from their speakers every other second

• By they, I just mean people who listen to rap music lol

• You sure your not a white person in a black guys body like that Rachel Donzelias chick?

• what the hell are you talking about?

• Remember she worked for the NAACP and fooled everyone into thinking she was black when she was really a blonde pasty cracker.

• fuck rap. rap is dead.

• Wait.. do you not have a 9 inch penis either?

• but kind of bullshit question is this?

• Some of my favorite rock and metal singers are black! Check out the vocals on Lajon Whitherspoon of Sevendust. Or Benji Webb from Skindred

• People are too mentally lazy not to generalize.

• Just some shitty stereotypes bro...

• Some people are just ignorant, I suppose. I think we can all agree that rap songs such as this one are rubbish.

https://youtu.be/rog8ou-ZepE

• Sterotypes run deep unfortunately.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qi-YAR7m8

One of the greatest punk bands ever. Black brothers from Detroit.

• Because they do, the same way they all like fried chicken and watermelon! :p

• I'm allergic to watermelon and am vegetarian.

• @mutedaisy nooooo, those two things are delicious! :( haha