If the movie, "The Purge" was real, what would you do during the Purge?

In the movie, "in the early 2010s, "The New Founding Fathers of America", have established a new totalitarian government and a police state, following economic collapse. Using the 28th amendment of the U. S Constitution the government has established one night a year - called "the Purge", which occurs on March 21 to 22, in which all crime is legal, and all police, fire and medical emergency services remain unavailable for 12 hours, from 7 p. m. until 7 a. m. the next day. The only rules being that no government officials with authorization levels of 10 and higher are not to be disturbed and all weapons above Class 4 (explosive devices such as grenades, rocket launchers, bazookas, etc.) are forbidden. The purge has resulted in crime and unemployment rates plummeting to 1% and a strong economy. Although it is thought to be used as an act of catharsis for the U. S. populace, in reality, it is used as a method of artificial population control, as the unemployed, financially poor people in slum areas are usually the main targets."

• Lock myself/family as safely and securely as possible in our house and wait for the night to end.
  • Go out into the street to just cause mayhem and damage.
  • Go out with the intention of committing murder/revenge against someone I know.
  • Go out and murder or harm a perfect stranger or strangers.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lock up the house and load up my guns.

What Guys Said 15

• In the context of the movie, I would go after the super rich psychos who are all ritualistic about it cause they deserve it.

In real life, I probably wouldn't just go out and kill and loot stuff randomly, however, I probably would take out some of the more nasty criminals every now and again like pedophiles, rapists etc. cause they too deserve it. Except I would probably be killed doing it lol so probably not a smart idea.

• Well we have 8 guns at our house so I'd just stay home with a shotgun in hand waiting for someone to break the window or bust in the door.

• In real life, nothing would happen during the Purge. People would do drugs and fuck in the streets. There might be a few fights that break out; that's probably it. No ones going to risk being beaten, dismembered, and lynched by committing a truly egregious and vile act. Mob justice is fierce, and mob justice would be purge justice.

• Clearly you haven't spent enough time with your eyes open on this planet. In our real world, police often report that during natural disasters, or man made ones, like riots, after the dust as settled, they often find several bodies of victims thought to be murdered by rival gangs, for one. In sporting riots around the globe, people are killed for simply liking the opposing team so much so that in certain stadiums, fans are not allowed to mix for fear of violence. Even on something so simple as black Friday sales, people have been trampled to death. So now you give these same "normal" people the right to do whatever they want with no consequences, you think they're going to stay home? We have consequences now and people still kill people!

• There would still be consequences, though, and they'd be far worse. If murder or rape was witnessed publicly by a large group of people, the perpetrators would be beaten and lynched on the spot. The world knows no justice like frontier justice.

• i will stay with 15 people. all armed with training.

stock up on movies, food and alcohol and allow the night to play out!

yes guns and alcohol i said it

• This was literally the Hurricane Ike party we threw a few years ago. Well that and going to stand on the actual freeway and take selfies before the storm hit.

• Okay, so since people are sent home their would be no one guarding the banks and its perfectly legal. I'd rob the shit out of them non-violently and protect those who can't protect themselves after

• but how would you contend with everyone else trying to do the same thing, some in a not so non violent manner. That's the scary bit about trying to do something during the Purge. Others may be hell bent on trying to kill no matter who you are and with no one to stop them...

• I'd rob the bank non-violently. To quote dirty harry, "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for The Red Cross."
      The guns are purely to protect myself and those who can't protect themselves.

• When a male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard thats my policy.
      I fucking love that movie

• I'd get tooled up, find a hot lady in distress, protect her until the sun came up, then, if we made it through the night, let her show me her appreciation for the next few weeks. Fuck killing randoms. That's for the fruitloops

• The film is real. You can buy it at your local Asdas in the bargain bin.

• I have a list of people who I think need to die

• I'd park in a handicapped spot.

• Most likely just try my best to stay safe.

However, if I thought I could do it safely maybe looting, only from big stores like Wal Mart, only if I was desperate for food or cash.

• I'd steal chicken

• There's quite a few people I'd really like to kill

• go out n kill a shit load of gays n lesbos

• If you aren't joking you are the kind of person I'd shoot on sight

• I'd be climbing into peoples windows snatching your people up trying to rape em, so you all need to hide your kids, hide your wife and hide yo husband cuz I'm rapeing everyone out there!

• A mixture of C and D probably. lol

What Girls Said 5

• I don't understand, why murder? If that was real I would just be going to my favorite stores and taking everything I wanted and previously couldn't afford. I don't want to kill someone, even if it was legal.

• then you should have picked option B!

• I did lol

• Sounds good until the no laws thing comes in. The chance of getting raped on the way there is too high.

• BITCH I'D BE OUT THERE ROBBING 21 FOREVER, VICTORIA SECRET, BARNES AND NOBLES AND THE FUCKING GROCERY STORE.
    IMMA BE LOOKING GREAT, READING ALL THE BOOKS AND HAVE KICK ASS FOOD TO COOK AND BAKE.
    I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT ANYONE KILLING ME CAUSE IF SOMEONE TRIED TO STOP ME FROM MY FREE BOOKS I WOULDN'T BE THE ONE DYING.

hahahah no NO NOT REALLY
    IRL
    I would
    Lock myself!

• there's two people in-particular that i would hurt. Oh well.

• I would be dead right away so I wouldn't do anything