Why do K-pop groups have so many members in them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but they dance a lot
    so a dance group is always fun :p

Most Helpful Girl

• A larger group is a great way to appeal to a broad audience. If you have someone for everyone, odds are no one will be disappointed in seeing or wanting to see their concerts and as a marketer of those type of bands, you can sell just about every single product from hair, to make-up, to clothing, to dance videos. You want in on the hype of the group and will continue to tune in.

• But... they all have the same style and look. o. O
      That's essentially one person multiplied by 8 or 9.

• Well, let me put it this way, back in the day when N'Sync or Destiny's Child were big, they basically all wore the same clothing styles, but none of their fans were like, geeze, they are all the same person. No, there was the pretty one who could really sing, the funny one, the one that could dance, and so on and so on.

• Haha True...

What Guys Said 3

• It's a part of their culture, and the work aspect uses large group's primarily as a marketing campaign feature.

• Instead of having one they say, the more the merrier, this is a good business tactic.

• But it depends on the culture and the situation.

• I think it's because of the small market, in order for everyone to get a share of promotion from one company they have to combine the talent. Or too many performers are not good enough on their own.

• To get a discount on the bus, I'm sure hahahaha 8) 8)

What Girls Said 1

• To show a fashion statement!