I understand it's a new video game. What do you do? What's the point of it and why is it suddenly so popular?

OKAY. It's not "suddenly" popular haha. I've just never heard about Fallout until now

Most Helpful Guy

• The Fallout series are games in a unique setting. You're on a version of earth where, after World War 2, the 1950s style of science fiction came true, then in that world's future, World War 3 happened. The games are set a few hundred years after this version of WW3, among the radioactive remains of that retro-futuristic society. There's also an element of humor in most of the games (4 doesn't seem as funny so far).

It's an open world game. You play either a man or a woman searching for your kidnapped child. While you're following that story, you meet other survivors who offer you quests that you can accept if you want. There's a lot of stuff happening in the world that's not related to you, if you choose to stick your nose in other people's business. You can play it all in any order you want.

The game lets you play in a variety of ways. You can be a badass with a sword, a sneaky hacker who turns enemy robots against their masters, a cold sniper, a charming rogue who can talk your way out of problems, a tinkerer who crafts weapons out of junk you find laying around, etc.

• Not funny? Have you even tuned in to Diamond City radio?

• @Spotme I didn't say it wasn't funny. I said it wasn't AS funny. As in, compared to previous games.

What Guys Said 10

• It's a RPG with a long story and huge map (s) and lots of stuff to do. I'm assuming based off the other Fallouts, I've never actually played any though.

• You get to create your own cha racer and get to explore a post-apocalyptic world. There's lots of quests, locations to explore, weapons, and things to collect. Also there's different endings based on your choices.

• It's not "suddenly" popular hence the 4.

• well the just just come out and was in development for years
    basically your son gets kidnapped while you're frozen

• You just run around in a ruined world and kill stuff. And the more you kill stuff, the better you get at killing stuff.

• It's because it was developed by Bethesda, creators of The Elder Scrolls series [Skyrim]

• It's boring. Don't worry about it.

• Its an amazing game, its an rpg set after a nuclear apocalypes

• nix that game and play THE LAST OF US.

• The best description is its like skyrim but it's after an apocalypse and there's guns

What Girls Said 7

• You're in a post-apocalyptic world and the storyline for each game differs. It's a big exploring and fighting game with multiple quests to do besides the main one and collectibles so there's a wide variety of things to do. I've played the third one before, it's pretty fun.

• It also didn't suddenly become popular, it's been popular. The new game just came out so everyone is talking about it.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWNdcbq3EU

I guess it's just the newest first person shooter game with really good graphics...
    Those are usually popular.

• Its a game I'm failing at >.> hahah no but srsly every encounter I come across I end up running away like a little sook. Damnit. 😂😂

• It was just released. It's a zombie first person shooter style game, I believe.

• It became popular with the very first fallout 4. It's an action role-playing game. I don't know to much about it but from any videos I've seen about how to play it. It's never interested me.

• Meh I don't get the hype. I'll watch people play it but I'm not investing $60 into it personally.

• It's not "suddenly" popular. I'm one of the people who waited for it to come out for years. Fallout is a great and famous series. AzureGirl has already described the setting, so not going to repeat it.