Who is the chosen one in modern martial arts cinema?

Tony Jaa
Scott Adkins

Micheal Jai White

Iko Uwais

Jet Li

Donnie Yen

JeeJa Yanin

• Tony Jaa
  • Scott Adkins
  • Micheal Jai White
  • Iko Uwais
  • Jet Li
  • JeeJa Yanin
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• I shall cheat by calling a tie between Tony Jaa, Jet Li and Donnie Yen :P Haven't watched anything featuring the rest yet, but how? How can you ask me to choose? D:

• You did'nt cheat, just made a multiple and unique choice :P

• Lmao, I'm smiling so hard at my laptop screen right now and it's only 7 a. m. Thanks dude, you're really cool too! ;) Here's to having a great day! (*high fives)

• High 5, right back atcha :)

And you do have a great one, yourself :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to make a comparison because the fighting styles are so varied.
    Tony Jaa was fantastic in all three of the Ong Bak movies, but I feel that he was sold short in FF7.
    Iko Uwais, similar to Tony Jaa in that they are well known within their country, and tremendously talented, was great Merantau and Raid 1 and 2... I would have to say though that I really enjoy the silat style of fighting and how it's incorporated into the movie.
    Scott Adkins is a great martial arts actor and some of his high kicks and aerial moves are amazing to watch with the appreciation of his form only made possible with certain cinematography.
    I wouldn't consider Michael Jai White in this list due to the length of time that he has been involved in action movies, but he has certainly improved on his craft, confirming that age is just a number.
    Likewise, Jet Li is an amazing practitioner of his fighting style, whom I feel is let down by the use of cables in a lot of his movies which ruins the physics of a fights scene. His earlier Hong Kong work was more enjoyable for me.
    Donnie Yen's work proves that he is not only a great martial arts actor but a great actor. I have enjoyed his work over the years, Ip Man being the most recent.

Great question, too...

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 7

• Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Chow Yun-fat, Michelle Yeoh and Zhang Ziyi.

• Donnie Yen, I absolutely loved Ip Man since I also practice Wing Chun myself.

• Yip-Man, the teacher of Bruce Lee!

Good he got so many revered movies to tell his story.

• Donnie Yen just because IP MAN is the best MA movie on the planet.

• Donnie Yen

• But my fav is still Jean Claude Van Damme and Bruce Lee.

• I really like jeeja yanin!! But she will be away from movies sometime do to the recent birth of her kid.

Tony jaa was the chosen one!! After Ong bak and the protector, he was the guy... but he went crazy. If probably say Iko is the future. Jaa is getting back on track with recent appearance in fast se7en. But Iko has risen to new heights with raid.

Jet li and Donny yen are amazing! but along with Scott and Michael... id say these guys are the present or just a generation too early. They're still badasses. But its time for the new gen which is IKO to me lol.