Is it ever wrong to idolize a celebrity who has done something atrocious outside of their occcupational lives?

Just wondering. I'm a long time professional wrestling fan and Chris Benoit is one of my heros of it since his ECW and WCW days (long before he starting wrestling under the WWE). I'm honestly shocked and appalled of what he did to his family and himself 8 years ago but that doesn't take away the fact that he's one of the greatest technicians in pro wrestling history and I will always be a fan of his skills and remember his great matches.

Should I question my own sanity for idolizing someone who killed his wife and child?

• Yes
  • No
and then committed suicide?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you idolized him as a person that would be a problem but you idolize him as a wrestler so its different

• Yeah. I just noticed your from Canada (a country where pro wrestling is pretty popular, especially with techically-skilled wrestlers). Do you follow wrestling at all?

• No I can't stand it but the rest of my family loves it

Most Helpful Guy

• You can respect a person's body of work without respecting the actual person.

What Girls Said 2

• The things he did was horrible but he was a good wrestler and there is nothing wrong with admiring his wrestling career.

• I think it's just a matter of idolizing his accomplishments and not the man himself. You can admire the amazing things someone has done without liking the person themself. There are people I dislike but can still respect their skill in a particular activity or area.

What Guys Said 0