My dad treats me like im slow or stupid?

My dad honestly treats me like im stupid. The things he tells me to do are the things that you shouldn't notmally have to tell an adult to do! Like if he leaves on vacation or leaves for a night and im home alone he will say "you better lock the house up when you go out" or "you better not let anyone break in." Why the hell would I let someone break in? And why the hell would I leave the door to my home open? He says it in a tone that makes it seem like I didn't know that. Or he will say make sure to clean up the mess you make, I always do or he will say make sure you throw this in the trash can, or put socks on, or why dont you dress like this. He will even tell me to do something while doing it. So if Im washing dishes and halfway done he will say make sure you wash the dishes... why is he so annoying? Why does he treat me like im stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom use to do and it was so annoying. I remember when I use to vaccum and she will say make sure you vaccum over there like I didn't know to. I did learn how to block it out eventually because no matter how much I said I know, she never stop.
    A good thing you can do is do a lot of things while your dad is gone so you won't have to hear it all the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm... ignore him?

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like he has fears of his own that leak out on you (for some reason). Believe it or not, I think it's got little to do with you even though he presents it that way.

• Parents will always see their children as just that. If he treated you that way when you were a kid, he's always gonna treat you that way.

It's a parent thing.

What Girls Said 1

• lmao he's your dad. he probably still sees you as his baby or something. my dad does the same thing.