Why do young girls/ teenage girls scream really high pitched at one direction and justin bieber concerts etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously? They are getting excited by a hyper-stimulus. Women generally have an instinct to find a guy attractive if other women find him attractive. Older women have enough experience to see how this instinct can lead them astray and don't need the release or have the energy levels so they control it better. The people who produce these teen phenomena understand the psychology very well and choose/package their product carefully and present them to the audience as already popular.

It's sort of like picking yourself up off the ground by pulling on your shoelaces but it works a treat and the money rolls in.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• I think they want to exercise their singing voice.

• It's clearly a mating call.

• They are attempting to imitate the sound of a typical rape alarm in the hopes it'll get their peckers up and they can see how small they are.

What Girls Said 4

• I really have NO IDEA 😆 I'm a fan of one direction, but hell I wouldn't scream like that if I see them !! Its INSANE !! I know it can be REALLY existing, but it still doesn't mean that I would lose my voice at a concert 😆 the poor guys must deal with all that crap 🙉

• Because children are loud when they're excited...

• i don't even like one direction/justin bieber. honestly there's no talent there.

• Because they're young with high voices. And maybe one day the high pitches will cause the bands to lose their hearing and they won't be able to produce the music. Sorry, wishful thinking.