I've joined a drama class about a month ago and now we're preparing for a play which is going to take place in a real theater. The thing is that our drama teacher is making us sell tickets (1 ticket= 5$) and we have to sell 20 tickets if we want to take part in the play.
Considering the fact that the membership costs 30$ a month, is this normal?
Because all money we get from selling the tickets goes to the teacher.

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't sound normal to me. I do know schools had budget cuts and many programs got affected. Im assuming your drama teacher salary must had gotten cut. Maybe the ticket money is also being used to pay for props and costumes and time. Your teacher has to get paid and maybe they want all those tickets sold to fill up the place so their won't be any empty seats.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

• Np and you were right, there weren't any empty seats.

• That is good. I am glad the seats was filled up. And the show sounded like fun. It's fun to perform in front of a full crowd instead of a half full place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes it's pretty expensive to make plays happen. I was in a small, highschool play last year, and the director said it coated 600 in props. It doesn't really seem like you should be giving this teacher as much money as he's expecting, but I mean, it doesn't cost you any money to sell tickets, so just do the best you can, I guess. That sucks though. Well, good luck on your play!

What Guys Said 1

• Lol no that's not normal

What Girls Said 1

• I am not sure if thats normal since i never been in drama. but i guess so... My suggestion is you ask the drama teacher how thats fair