Do you miss Futurama?

My reaction to Futurama Getting canceled

Do you miss it too?

• Yes, I miss it
  • No I don't
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I miss it too. But it wasn't meant to last forever with the way the storyline went.

Think about it, Fry got cryogenically frozen at the on midnight of new years eve 2000, and woke up in the year 3000. Fry brought his memories of 1990s technology and pop cultural references with him when he woke up in the future. Now that we are in 2015, it would be a huge plot hole if Fry had any familiarity with 2015 era technology and culture if that show based any references to that.

• that's actually a good point, but they have 1000 years of material to work with :D. also, the things now could be worked in because some of the things that made it funny was that fry had no idea what was going on.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau
      It's possible that modern 2015 culture and technology could be referenced in, and Fry wouldn't have any idea about the new stuff. But I think it would complicate and confuse the viewer as they'd have to be reminded that Fry came from 15 years prior to modern date.

I watched one of the episodes from the 1st season, and one of the characters had an analog flip cell phone in the year 3000. Already that's inaccurate lol.

• well, yeah, but they still technically existed. part of what makes it work is that he has no knowledge of any of the technology working, which makes the show able to work in that way. everything 2000-2015 is technically filler. I don't know if that makes sense. we're gettin into some looper type shit :D. and I don't know what exactly the flip phone has to do with anything. i mean i think i get what you're saying, but they're animators and writers, not nostradamus :D

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 13

• there's a special place in hell for anyone that votes "no".

• I don't watch it on a regular basis.
    So no, I couldn't care less. ^_^

• Yep, it's much better than Family Guy, or Bob's Burgers... I definitely miss Futurama

• Yeah but I think it ended in a good way the show got canceled then brought back then cancelled again and then brought back again and then finally they had an ending I think it ended well.

• I just miss the theme song

• I missed the original four series, and the films were good. The two new series they decided to make deserved to get cancelled, because they were a bit shit and had zero charm to them.

• I watch it all the time! I've seen every single episode at least 3 times.

• Futurama was a good show

• that show got canceled so many times.

• I miss it so much!

• it was great, didn't really like the ending episode, like the world just forever repeats itself? just seems like a cheap way to close the show.

• I've seen it enough times to where I don't care

• it ran out of steam. Firefly and Battlestar Galactica would be awesome. Most shows now are shit.