Do you really consider Eurodance music, gay?

Yesterday there was a guy in one of ma Eurodance polls who claimed “listenin to Eurodance’s like comin out of closet”... or sth like it...

Wot’s so gay about it?

Do u other GAGers consider it a gay genre as well?

• yes...
  • no...
Select a gender to cast your vote:

39

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not consider eurodance gay but it does have lots of gay followers, you see on the videos how those euro nightclubs are full of gay people with tight clothes dancing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, there seems to be an association here, but it's really unfair, because there are also like some cool gay hardcore bands, it's not all eurodance and show tunes.

What Girls Said 2

• WTF, only an idiot would think that it's gay...

• No, I think pop music is gay, I mean, Michael Jackson was not realy masculine guy, if you know what I mean... and neither are The Artist Formerly Known as Prince and Boy George... you can't find such examples in Eurodance music.

• Sure Boy George's openly gay... but MJ and Prince gay?

• personally i don't buy dat rumor MJ's a pedo... after all his "victim" admitted it was all set... no?

• I think only one victim said it was all set up, but I'm not sure, he is a strange dude...

What Guys Said 8

• Unless it is a song about two dudes having sex it can't really be that gay now can it?

• Hi all, Back in the 90s Eurodance was considering the mainstream music here in Europe. remember t hose acts like 2 unlimited, maxx, 2 brothers on the 4th floor, T-Spoon etc... at that time the music was for everyone. Eurodance had different kind of followers. no matter if someone was gay or not. it was for everyone and it still is. Eurodance is sadly not mainstream anymore although many acts like inna, cascade are influenced by the old eurodance.
    There are still acts outthere who are still making 90s eurodance music. As producer myself i have worked for a while with a couple of 90s stars and for our own act we have done some eurodance ourself too. But sadly it is not mainstream anymore. Commercially eurodance is pretty dead but there is still a large community eurodance fans outthere. and yes a lot of these fans are nowadays gay. i dont know the reason about it and personally i dont have anything against 'gay' fans or artists. but what i noticed it that the type of gays who are still supporting Eurodance are gays who totally exaggerating and showing off the whole world that they are gay. it has become a nuisance in the eurodance scene and slowly this gay community has taken over the eurodance scene. As artist i am also related to an Eurodance label and an insider to their A&R department. often they recieve eurodance demos from... yes exaggerating gays. people totally covered in make up. dragg queens. etc... often they are singing in a way you can hear that they are gay... I mean why would you do that. i am not gay but even if i was gay act just normal like everybody else... i am straight but must i show that of in every music production? no... Eurodance is for everyone but these overreacting gays have killed it from the mainstream. again i have nothing against gay artists or gay fans we even worked with gay artists but my message to everyone is just act normal... PS sorry about my grammar. I am from the netherlands. Regards Friso, Producer Sync Diversity

• Thanks for your comment, although I posted this more than a year ago. By the way do you consider this song Eurodance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrnduGtgmc

This came after the Eurodance fad was gone (2004) and it gained popularity also in America (some years later), thanks to various parodies made for this song.

• 21h

ah alice dj. an euro trance club dance act from my country the netherlands. that song was orginally produced for dj jurgen. and initially also presented under his artist name. but in reality that song is produced by two producers of well known trance act Dash Berlin (also from the Netherlands) if we refer to the old hi nrg music from back to the 90s i dont consider it eurodance but it has been influenced from the eurodance time period. the trance music has been develloped of the eurodance. some famous pioneers like jam and spoon you might remember. another eurotrance acts are milk inc and lasgo. here is another great track from my country is nomandsland with 7 seconds wich is considered eurotrance or dreamtrance.

• No, it's not... I support that anonymous girl, Pop music is gay, but Eurodance is definitely not.

• Euro dance music? We're no longer in the 90's anymore it's Electronic Dance Music and the gay stereotype is old and lame.

• Eurodance's basically a part of EDM... like Italo-Disco and Hi-NRG... EDM's a very generic term bro..

• I know what a hipster is and you're one of them. It's EDM whether you like it or not you can bitch and moan and use words like generic and mainstream to make yourself seem special like I care.

• and here's a block... learn some manners first and learn to define each music genre...

• not my favourite music, I don't listen to it but it's definitely not gay lol

• Hahahahaa! Dude, I was fucking with you; I don't find Eurodance gay. Even if I did, though, it's pretty sad that you care this much about whether or not people find it gay.

• thought u were being serious...

but wouldn't u feel offended if someone was calling gay a genre u listen to?

• No, why would I? I couldn't care less what other people think of the shite I like. I'm not a soldier of anything and I don't expect everyone to like everything I do.

• do you have an example?

• No way, that's just preposterous...