Advice for aspiring actresses and models?

What advice would you give to aspiring actresses and models?

This is some advice from Cara Delevingne on modeling:

"I mean, look, I do love it, I’m not saying anything bad about it, I just think you can do a lot more. I was incredibly lucky to do as well as I’ve done, it’s not easy, there’s so many models go through so much s**t, and it’s just, if you have a brain, which everyone does, use it and try and do something else." - Cara Delevingne

What Guys Said 1

• Have a back up plan. Even if you're the most drop dead gorgeous in the world, one simple freak accident, a fire or chemical burn etc, and bam your beauty is gone

What Girls Said 1

• You have to be completely willing to let go of your own self-image, there's no room for that in modelling or acting. The industry is about being what someone else wants you to be, and being changed in every which way, to fit with what the agenda of whoever is in charge (like the manager, designer, director, agent) so if you don't feel comfortable forcing yourself to meet industry standard, both psychically and otherwise, and working for years doing cheap, shitty jobs, before maybe even getting a decent opportunity, then it's not the job for you.