What happens if I get caught for using another person's ID to get in a club?

I'm going to an over 20 club, using my brother's ID but I'm only 16 😂

Club's in Tokyo, what might happen?

• Not too much to worry about
  • I'd say it's pretty dangerous
  • No. Don't play games. At all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you could get accused of attempt at identity theft in my opinion but what do I know?

• It can't be that serious right? It's just going to a club 😂

• With someone else's ID... sounds like you have someone's piece of identity that isn't yours and is trying to make them think it's you... that sounds like an attempt at identity theft to me.

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the laws where you live, and maybe the policy of the club. It's certainly illegal. So the real question is what happens if you get caught. Most likely the ID will be taken away at the very least. There may or may not be some legal ramifications. You'd have to check that locally. If you are lucky nothing will happen except that your brother has to go to the club to beg to get his ID back. If they believe that you took it without your brother knowing, they might give it back.

Bottom line is that it's illegal. Like anything else that's illegal you might get caught and there might be consequences.

What Girls Said 1

• You just won't be allowed in the club

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know in Tokyo, but I bet in America you'd get arrested. It's something serious, you're using someone's identity, which can get the other person in serious problems. Sure, you're just using it to get into a club, but the cops would think of other stuff you may do with that.
    Stealing someone's identity (which is how it'd be taken as), is a serious crime.

• I don't really have any idea of the law there.