Opinions on rock music?

Since I listen to rock I have been critisized so much. When I was younger I basically grew up on rock and that made me get bullied severely. Now that im older I honestly don't care about what people think of my music taste but I do still get comments that it sucks or that it's for "pussies" and that "the men don't have dicks". So why is that? If anything I find rock more manly than some dude singing about twerp in butts. Which by the way I listen to hardcore rock with screaming and such.

• Rock is too hardcore
  • Rock sucks
  • Rock is for pussies
  • Rock is awesome
Twerking butts*

Most Helpful Guy

• Modern pop music is a plague upon Mankind.

I only listen to classic rock and classical, and obscure modern heavy metal bands from Europe.

Most Helpful Girl

• I consider myself a metal head so yea it's not the norm in my town of country or rap listening folks. Burn the Priest isn't the norm. My fav album. :)

What Guys Said 7

• Never heard of someone being bullied because of rock music. I was constantly being criticised because I like movies soundtracks and classic music.
    I also like rock music and power metal. I could listen to a song of any kind of music as long as it is good (in my opinion).

• Well I was bullied around the age of 8 until 15 because of rock music. Kids are weird

• I love metal, rock..

• As far as "rock" goes (very broad definition), I like The Beatles, 80s mainstream rock (Bon Jovi, Journey, Chicago, REO Speedwagon, some Van Halen etc.), and some random modern rock songs by Parachute, Snow Patrol etc.

• Voted rock is for pussies since there's no 'rock is iight' option. I enjoy it from time to time, but it's not what I'd consider 'awesome'.

• ANything that isn't heavy metal or country or some rap songs is for me

• I used to live on rock music and dance music. Loved them both.

• What? Who critisizes rock music? It's the one music genre that almost everyone likes

What Girls Said 3

• Rock=best music

• I don't know what's going on in New zealand. They are tripping balls

• Rock is the best music genre in my opinion.

• I like rock music. I'm not into screamo, but the rest is fine. From alternative rock, heavy metal, darkwave, grunge, etc.