Which Star Wars movies should I watch?

I've never seen a single Star Wars movie, but here's what I know: Episode 4, 5, and 6 are the originals and considered the best by most people. Episode 1 2 and 3 are prequels and aren't that good from what I hear. I was going to watch 4 5 and 6... but should I even bother watching episode 1-3?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much time and patience you have as well as how much suspense you want. If you have lots of time and patience and want to build suspense, watch all of them in order (1,2,3...) . If you don't have time or patience or if you don't care about suspense, then watch 4 through 6.

What Guys Said 13

• Just watch 4, 5 and 6. You'll get the backstory from 1, 2 and 3, but the movies aren't that compelling. Just read the plot summary on wikipedia for these, and be done with it.

P. S. I'm hyped for Episode 7!

• There are also some minor "spoilers" about Death Vader in the prequels, if you didn't already know them, as far as I'm concerned the prequels are fine, they just get too much bad rap from some fans, so it' better to watch all the star wars movies, and it's your call if to start from episode 1 or from episode 4, from the chronological order or from the order that they was originally come out. :)

• I watched them all... I liked them all. The prequels are modern, that's a huge plus for me.
    in Episode 3 you find out how the Empire came to be :)

• Watch the originals first, then if you want to then watch the prequels, but you can easily skip them without missing out on that much. But for sure watch the originals first because that's the best way to enjoy them.

• Watch all of them in order but wait until the new ones are out on the internet or if you have money to waste then go to a cinema.

• Start with 4-6 they are the best

• watch the old ones. It will get you ready for the new star wars movie coming in a few days.

• Whohoo! Watch all them and become a fangril! Come to the Dark Side! I like 1-3 more than the originals. You should start with the original trilogy and continue with the prequels! Be quick about it! Episode 7 is only 5 days away!

• All of them, and also watch Star Wars the Clone Wars, and Star Wars Rebels, and Star Wars:Clone Wars, and Play the Old Republic Games, and Read the books, and say screw you to disney, and stick with Star Wars legends

• empire strikes back is the best in mho

• Yeah, go with the originals.

• Look up the machete. Thats how you watch Farscape

• All of the original trilogy. You could watch the prequels, but I'd say don't bother.

What Girls Said 2

• watch 4,5 and 6 first, if you like them, then watch the others. I personally like all of them.. I love love love episode 3 haha

• 4,5,6 are the best 1,2,3 help explain the beginning but for a good movie 4,5,6 are the best