What level of Star Wars fan are you?

When it comes to seeing The Force Awakens, what kind of fan are you:

• PSYCHOTIC (I'm already camped outside the theatre, playing the Star Wars theme on my bongos)
  • DIEHARD (I'm going on opening night with my lightsaber or in full costume)
  • FAN (I'm going in the first few days, can't wait any longer than that!)
  • ENTHUSIAST (I'll wait a week or two until the crowds die down)
  • DILETTANTE (I'll kinda think about going to see it, then end up watching it on video months later)
  • STODGY TRADITIONALIST (I have the Original Trilogy, don't need anything else)
  • IGNORAMUS (what's Star Wars? nvm... I don't care)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm watching it Thursday night. Dressing as an ewok because I'm short HAHA

Most Helpful Guy

• I've spent a lot of my life obsessing over the universe. I watched the films no end as a kid. Read hundred of books. collected no end of rare and expensive action figures (still have the ewok village witht he full set of ewoks on it and all the accessories for them in the attic, between the ATATs and the Rebel Transport).. but the prequels really killed my fanaticism. Sure I enjoyed some of the new suplimentary series (the later clonewars series were pretty good, and Im quite enjoying rebels), and some of the books are okay... but the films were... lacking.
    I am looking forward to seeing the new films. But I will not be making any special effort to rush out and see them. They will have to work hard to earn back that sort of excitement, and that will have to wait for the film. No amount of trailers and promotional content will work this time.

• I don't think the prequels were that terrible tbh. I was certainly disappointed when I saw those movies and didn't even know why, all it took was watching at the Mr. Plinklett Red Letter Media reviews to really know why.

However Episode 1, despite being considered the worst of the prequels, at least has the most Star Wars-y visuals of all three. And Episode 3, despite flawed, is definitely an entertaining movie. Nothing can save Episode 2 though, the romance scenes between Padme and Darth Christensen are so fucking atrocious.

I'm excited to see this new one since JJ Abrams already did an awesome job by reviving the Star Trek franchise. If this movie fails to impress me though, I'll be in your same boat and quit being a Star Wars Universe fan.

• @Humping_Tornadoes They arnt terrible... just lacking. Each has redeeming features, but also major flaws.
      1 has some good vissual design but far to much repetition and often squanders its best assets in favour of clownishness and oddity. Also what they hell was the dirrector doing to get so much wooden acting out of good actors? Much the same complaints which could be leveled at the Clone Wars film.
      2 in many ways was a promising sci-fantasy movie (if viewed in isolation from the origional trillogy), but as you say the rommance is... bad.
      3 I sort of like. Its mostly just held back by trying to end the dangling threads of the previous films, and link to the start of the OT... also really don't like palpatine in it.

I have to wonder if the problem was that Lucas was given too much free reign. No studio execs standing on set and saying "that won't work" I think the same issue has undermined other 'great' film makers when they have risen too great and reverential hights.

What Girls Said 6

• I have yet to watch any of the movies in full. I've just caught parts of them on tv before. I've been wanting to watch them for years, but have to clear a few days to sit down and watch them.

I wish I had a cute fella I could cuddle and watch them with :)

• WHAT? And your parents never showed them to you? ... What is this world coming to? lol

You don't need to clear a few days to watch them. Just watch one every couple of weeks. Originally there were 3 years between the films, so you can watch them at any pace you want. But whatever you do, see the original movie first (aka Episode IV: A New Hope), followed by The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. IF you like those, you can watch the prequels (Episodes I-III) if you wanna know the whole story.

I'd invite you over if I could :) but you can always find your "cute fella" at the Disney Store. A stuffed Yoda or Chewie doll would be a great Star Wars-watching buddy.

• Awe hahaha! I would much rather have a cute guy to cuddle up with and watch the movies with ;)

My parent's aren't much into Star wars, so I never got around to see the movies yet.

• Ignoramus with faint interest. To be honest, I answered this question mainly to see just how many people were playing the Star Wars theme on their bongos 😂 ... and now I'm completely disappointed :O

• EW star wars?

• Choice C
    /

• I'll wait till it comes out in vid.

• my boyfriend is a really big fan of Star Wars (not in the psychotic way) but i don't like it, not even a littlle, it's so stupid...

• Wow. Glad you're his girlfriend, not mine. Ha!

• well me and my boyfriend don't share the same movies interests but we have other things in common, so it's not so bad...

What Guys Said 24

• I love Star Wars, and am going crazy with anticipation! If I could, I'd show up to the theater in a full Rodian Jedi costume (think Greedo, but as a Jedi) with a lightsaber.

I'm waiting until Sunday to see Star Wars when me and my group of friends can all go together.

• In reality i'm a diehard fan, but something like work keeps me from any chance of seeing the film until a later date... as for dressing up that is simply something I don't do for any reason.

• I don't care...

• I'm a fan. Already have the tickets to see it the first few days.

• Between fan and diehard. I'm going in full costume with a lightsabers, but not until Sunday.

• I have to Ignoramus not even sure I saw 2 or 3

• I'm inbetween diehard and fan, for me it's partly genetic my father is a huge star wars fan as well, he passed down his love of it to me.

• I'm a big fan, but not a diehard! So I voted "fan". Definitely watching that shit opening weekend! ;-)

• I'm between Enthusiast and Fan :P

• Never seen them- they never really piqued my interest to be honest. All I know is that darth vader is Luke's father, and there's a death plant/star/thing :/

• Not bothered, more interested in real life stuff, for example the work they are doing on the ISS and the fact a microchip with my name on it will be on mars in September.

• Enthusiast, I'll wait about a week until my friends finish their exams (I finished mine) so we can all go together and the crowds will die down.

• Legendary fan level.. but no matter what it will be hard to beat the first 6 since they revolved around the 'choosen' one... that was the climax of the story.

This is just meh... but hopefully it will be good

• I'd defy you to find a person who has dived as deeply into the universe and knows more about it than I do but... I've really lost my vigor for it.
    They took away my EU, which I devoted countless hours and hundreds of dollars to exploring.

• Yeah that is a bummer. But at least you have a new expanded universe to explore - all the comics, novels, videogames, TV series, etc., from this point forward.

• More things to waste my time on, more crap to waste my money on.
      I don't plan on devoting any more time than watching the movies to the new Stuff.

• Either E or F

• I know what Star Wars is but i don't like it sorry

• Never seen it :D

• im a big star wars fan in general, but im just an enthusiast when it comes to the new movie.

• i plan on waiting for a few weeks for the crowds to go away before i go

• PSYCHOTIC - Totally :P

• I'm a little bit of e and f.

• I'll probably watch it for the sake of watching it.

• Enthusiast, but I've only just finished seeing all the film so not that big of one.

• I can hardly wait, my lightsaber is ready for action