Is it weird for an adult man to enjoy watching kids cartoons?

I mean the action cartoons n anime. Not the really young kids stuff like Clifford the big red dog lol

• Yes it's super weird
  • No it's totally fine

Most Helpful Girl

• Adults are a myth. We're all just tall children, pretending we know how to navigate through the world. XD

Most Helpful Guy

• It's totally fine for you to be an adult and like cartoons. Even if you did want to watch Clifford, that would be okay. It doesn't hurt anyone, so who is to say that's wrong if it makes you happy?

I really think it's important that we as a whole get away from the idea that a person is "too old" to like things such as cartoons, or that having certain interests as an adults such as toys as an adult are a sign of something wrong with a person. If it's not hurting anyone, people should be able to like what they like.

I'm currently watching the original Transformers series, I realized I never saw it all the way through. But there's lots of cartoons I'd love to watch again. I look back on the Disney cartoons such as Lion King and Toy Story with fondness. I don't think you're ever too old for cartoons. Sometimes you need to just lighten up, and they're good for just that :)

• Ya exactly! Just chill out. And ya I started watching cartoons again like around 3 years ago I think. Also cuz I had never finished the 2003 series of TMNT. And from there it just took off to other shows I never finished, then those I never watched but wanted to and some new ones I had never heard of before lol

• Ska is like reggae but more up-tempo. Think Bob Marley but faster.

And yeah, the new Hot Wheels look really great. You can find a lot with pretty true-to-life paint jobs, down to the badges and everything. They've come a long way.

No LEGO for you though? Ah, you should try them sometime. The building is really fun.

And that's a pretty cool looking Pony you've got on your profile :)

• Ok I'll have to check it out.

And I had some Lego bit not enough to have any serious fun and my parents didn't buy me more when I asked so I guess I just moved on to other things. My nephew is insane into Lego so I'll have to spend a day with him lol

And ya I love those cars! Looks like an older style mustang right? It's actually a 2015 I think. An Equus Bass 770. ridiculous expensive!

What Girls Said 20

• Dude I'm 27 and watch cartoons every day. Don't feel bad at all. There are some awesome cartoons out there!

• i think it's adorable! i do that too :D kinda something id like in a guy so we can watch together. :P

• Normal but my great grandma thought I have a child mind!

• You're 22. Exactly how adult do you actually think you are?

I'll have you know, as a fellow 22 year old, we may legally be adults but are we REALLY? We're basically old children.

• Lol I see ur point but I made a mistake making my account. I'm actually 25. And I've always been more mature than my peers as long as I can remember (for the most part) but ya I often feel like an old child lol perfect way of putting it

• ""We're basically old children.""

That's technically true of all adults :D

• No, perfectly fine.
    My guy is 37 and watches cartoons.
    He even plays video games and collects all Pokémons.
    Look on YouTube you'd be surprised at how much adults are into this.

• Anime isn't necessarily for kids.

Cartoons can be appealing to adults too. I still watch MLP.

• Right there r actually shows anime and others that would definitely not b for kids lol didn't even think of that

• Ya know, anime is for kids, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure where they rip infants apart and eat them and the gore is actually shown, LOL

• @Mesonfielde 😨😱😲😭 that's not even suitable for me! Lol

• Dude cartoons rule I watch them a lot.

What's your favourite cartoon?

• Awesome! And that's really hard to say. I just recently got really into DragonBall Z. I love that show! Also I like pretty much anything and everything marvel or DC comics. And TMNT lol I can't choose a favorite! What's urs?

• Haha ya it totally does sound bad ass right? Lol

• Right 😂

• Lol chill man. You're fine. It's not weird.

• And if you think about it, some anime out there isn't really for kids. And sometimes you really understand some of the jokes and references when you're older so. :T

• I like Clifford the big red dog 😱 Take that back!

• it is fine!

• Its totally fine. I am 30 and I enjoy watching barney on t. v.

• No it's totally fine

• It's ok, I also like cartoons :D

• It's fine. I still watch cartoon from time to time (Hey Arnold for instance) on YouTube.

• Not at all. If you're weird for that, then so am I

• I love cartoons. I don't see any reason why any adult shouldn't enjoy them.

• Never grow old😊

• Not at all. You enjoy what makes you happy! Cartoons are meant for entertainment.

• nah it's perfectly fine, I'm 33 and I watch them myself. also, who do you think made those cartoons in the first place? grown ass adults, lol.

• I thought most guys did anyway

What Guys Said 21

• I don't think it is an issue - I find that things that are aimed at young adults and teens often have themes that can translate into adult life - I am 46 and often watch programmes that would be aimed at that age group for instance the superhero adaptations.

• Fuck no. I watch them (anime mostly) all the time.

• Not at all I watch that kind of stuff to.

• Got to cachum all... Pokemon!

LOL!!! XD

• Cartoons and anime can be used as an art medium. It has story, characters, etc. just because it's not enacted by actors doesn't mean it's suddenly "for kids only".

That, and Inside Out by Pixar is a movie about depression, based on actual up-to-date psychology.

• I'm going with weird. If it's like Family Guy or Ren and Stimpy that's fine, but as you know those aren't for children.

• Ok well I guess everyone can't think the same can they? I guess I feel kinda weird about it cuz I don't watch any with my wife but I enjoy plenty when I'm alone lol

• At least you're not harming anyone.

• Ya my thoughts exactly

• When I was 23, I worked nights and when I got home Saturday morning after having worked all night, I'd watch Snorks; I loved that show. I also still love Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and Blues Clues.

• I still enjoy watching Family guy. Or old cartoon movies like Lion King or Tarzan. Not weird at all. Old dragon Ball z episodes are fun to watch sometimes too

• Not at all, keeping a youthful mentality is good for keeping your inner joy and not being sucked up in this pessimistic world! :-P

• Totally normal! Not everyone like sports and insert generic male interest. I am a brony and an anime nut so my opinion may be a bit biased.

• I watch anime, does that count? I used to watch a lot of invader zim a few years ago, I'll watch cartoons if there good, I don't really care.

• Nope, not weird at all, I like cartoons too :P

• I thought it was super weird but now that I found out I'm not alone here I guess is not. but of course I chose B by the way

• Its not that weird. It brings back memories from our youth..

• 0|0
  • We shall never make fun of what people hobbies, or preferences. Even though it sounds funny for some people of how an adult person watch kids cartoon, WE have to respect them.

• There is a lot of animation, especially from Japan, that is very much for adults. In the USA, too.

• I am aproaching ur age and i still see cartoons. Shinchan, Doraemon, Kochikame and many more

• Nah, I also like watching cartoons :D

• I only watch the prime time adult cartoons from time to time unless I'm watching whatever the kids watch these days when I'm with my nephew or niece.

• Don't worry dude I do it too. I just wouldn't put it on an online dating profile lol