Recommend me some GOOD metal bands?

If you think Linkin Park or new age crap like In This Moment is one of them... Please... Get out. Now.

Some of the stuff Im normally into:

Pantera
Sepultura
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Kalmah
Bloodbath
Testament
Anthrax
Dio
Motorhead

Im always searching and on the lookout for cool new bands, just listed the most famous ones to give you a better picture of what I like.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think Deep Purple is still the best

Most Helpful Girl

• I really enjoy listening to alice in chains but I don't know if I'd call them metal but they have pretty good songs in their "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" album amongst others too, then there's bands like.. black label society, Annihilator, Chimaira and type of negative who I enjoy!

• Yeah, AIC is grunge, but they're good nonetheless. I usually enjoy all of those bands you listed :)

What Guys Said 10

• I am into the heavier stuff like older Morbid Angel, Slayer, Death, Fear Factory, Cannibal Corpse, as well as Cryptopsy. It goes on and on.

• Nice, I listen to all of those bands normally. Haven't heard much of Cryptopsy though.

• You should check out Cryptopsy. Everything from "The unspoken king" album and before. All albums are excellent. All albums are pretty brutal, but each one has a different feel. Another couple of bands you might like is Necrosy, and Fleshgod Apocolypse. Both those bands are amazingly brutal.

• Know Fleshgod Apocalypse, so good!

• Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth, Death, Alestorm, Himsa, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, Cancer Bats, In Flames, Soil, Soilwork, Mastodon, Hatebreed, First Blood, Biohazard, Shadows Fall, Pro-Pain, Slayer, Metallica, Terror, 25 Ta Life, Death Angel, Kataklysm, Bloodbath, Decapitated, etc.

If any of those interest you, let me know and I'll send more ;)

• You're missing Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath. Therefore, you're WRONG!

:-)

• 1|0
    • Devildriver is pretty good, too.
      Disarmonia Mundi is fantastic
      Mercenary is great
      Amon Amarth
      Soilwork
      Bloodbath
      Down

• Disarmonia Mundi roooocks

Others you wrote are pretty good too

• Have you tried Postman from town? There's also Slipknot.

• Pentagram, Razor, Nuclear Assault, Celtic Frost, Bathory, Whiplash, Onslaught, Carnivore, Satan, Holocaust... those are a few of my personal faves

• I am not normally a rock/metal fan but have found myself listening to classic stuff lately - AC DC, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Led Zeppelin

• I think this one is pretty good.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../61kj-jq7WsL._UX342_.jpg

• Blind guardian or bust! There is also Ensiferum, hammerfall, Ross the boss, and rammstein. (Nightfall on max volume blind guardian. Trust me!)

• Depends on what you like. I prefer the more progressive stuff like Daysend, Between the Buried and Me, Painted in Exile, Into Eternity, Protest the Hero, The Ocean for example.

• Please tell me it's not djent

• Uh.. I posted the bands I like? Like, it's not hard to know that Megadeth is thrash metal? No need to get butthurt chump

• Just that those are ABC Metal bands everyone who just invested 10 minutes into the topic knows. Thus it is not obvious if this is your prefered style or if you want to sink deeper into the genre. Nothing to do with butthurt, but just with common sense.

What Girls Said 3

• Check out Lamb of god, burn the priest is their best album;whitechapel; cannibal corpse and soulfly. A few more really good bands but that'll get your head banging! Lol

• You didn't mention Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath? They're considered one of the big name metal bands lol. You could also check out Rainbow, Accept, Danzig, Opeth, Primordial, Tool, Helloween, Manowar, Blind Guardian, etc,
    Not sure if you'll like any of those though.

• Uh.. Dude? If I were really to mention all the ''classics'' it would take me a day to write them all, lol

I like most of those already though

• uh... dude? Just pointing it out. Have fun looking for new music

• Pretty reckless