So I've been constantly judged for not being a gamer girl. Then I say my knowledge on them and guys believe me. Now I'm not saying knowledge on just what happens in a game I mean knowledge on which company made the game. Also what year it was released and what awards it got. I always had that knowledge
So my question is do you think real gamer girls are like me who basically know the in and out of the gaming industry or simply girls who game and just know the storyline?

Most Helpful Guy

• A true gamer is someone who plays games, simply put.

If you don't do that then you're not really a gamer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shrug it off. They're just trying to gatekeep by being jerks. You know what you like. You don't need their permission.

What Guys Said 15

• I've been a gamer for a very long time, and I've acted as a journalist in the industry as well.

Bottom line is that nobody can seem to agree on the term "gamer," whether you're female or not. Some say it's a matter of how much time you spend with the hobby, or, as you said, the amount of knowledge you have. Me, I say a gamer is anyone who names video games as either their primary hobby. Or at least someone who calls it a frequent hobby and believes they'll always love to play.

Just don't worry about it. You're in the enviable position of being a gamer girl and if gamer guys are being even the slightest bit honest, they will freely admit that finding a great girl who shares their passion for the hobby is a total fantasy. :D

• The thing is many guys are simply questioning "gamer girls" because of the high amount of pseudo-gamer girls whose knowledge don't go past Call of Duty and use it for attention seeking alone. Same goes for girls who just think they get special treatment (which they often get) just by saying they are girls.

destinationfemme.com/.../...eality-expectation.png

• Well real gamers.. Play the games obviously

A male virgin who watches porn isn't a sex god ahah or porn star

But it is pretty pathetic that people are judging you based on what they like and not what you like

Just tell them to shut up and play fallout or something

• It's when girls start using their sexuality or just the fact that they happen to be female to become this total attention vacuum in gaming circles that people start getting annoyed.

If gaming is an actual passion of yours and you enjoy it as one of your main hobbies, then you are a real gamer, regardless of gender. It's not about how knowledgeable you are.

• Not being a gamer - I don't know the politics of it but I would feel whatever criteria is filled by a guy to be classed a "Gamer" should be the same for a girl.

• Does anyone really care? I think you can be a movie fan even if you don't know the release dates or random trivia about them, as long as you watch movies. So I think its the same for games and for whatever else, as long as you play games and you enjoy doing it I think you can definitely call yourself a gamer if thats what you want to identify as lol.

• I don't like the term "gamer girls". you also don't talk about "gamer guys", don't you? Some people like playing games, other don't. It shouldn't make a difference if you are a guy or girl and I won't doubt anyone's knowledge about games solely based on their gender. I know many girls who play games as hardcore as many guys do. There is nothing as real or fake gamer girls to me

• I honestly hate the whole gamer girls and gamer guys thing haha you either are one or aren't one, play games or don't hha there doesn't need to be a title for it haha it's a hobby do it if you enjoy it and don't care what people think, especially if you're a girl haha people always question you girls but seriously don't even worry about other people haha if you like games than yeah you are and don't worry about other peoples opinions or thought on that

• I think the problem is everyone calling a girl who likes games a "gamer girl".
    We're all gamers, doesn't matter what gender.
    But to your question, it really doesn't matter. There's no criteria to be a gamer. Whether you know the game by heart, or only little bits of it, you can still call yourself a gamer :)

• I looked at your profile picture. I can easily tell that you game. And I don't judge a gamer on what they know but how much time they've played and how many games they've played.

• One day there will be no such thing as a gamer.
    No one says, "Oh, I'm a movie-goer" or, "I'm a television watcher."
    People are trying to hold on to what used to be a niche thing, screw em.

• A little of both. I know a girl, that games with me, and she can tell me all about the history of a game and can tell me the whole storyline. She is a lot of fun to game with.

• The way I see it, a gamer is someone who knows about the game and the story, and an enthusiast would be someone like you.
    I would personally be with just a gamer

• Think option 2.

• Both, im a gamer and i just focus on the game itself

What Girls Said 2

• I just play the game, often know the company who made the game and that's it. I don't care how people call me. I just like to play games.
    But you know, if you don't actually play the game, you're not really a gamer. You're just a person who knows the statistics of games.

• I play games on a daily. I visit game stores and fangirl I just have extra knowledge on the gaming industry. Extra knowledge on the consoles and companies and who works for the companies. How many awards that company has gotten and for what game and what person is either the cretive director or the visual effects artists of that company. I'm just saying my knowledge stems to more than just playing that game. It's not like I know all this and haven't played at all in my life 😂 I play more than some guys I know

• To some people being a gamer is just playing the game. I don't know what a true gamer is, To me its someone who knows the game and knows the ins and outs of it. They know everything about it and all the secrets. I like games I know about about like cod, doom gta ext...