Does it bother you when in TV shows/movies children look nothing like their parents?

I don't know why, but this bothers me SOOOO much. I feel like the movie/show loses it's realness, so to say. I suppose sometimes the casting agents or whatever don't care much about that. I know it shouldn't be a big deal. But it just really bugs me when kids don't look like their parents. Or, if siblings don't look similar. Stuff like that. If I notice that, I can't stop thinking about it. It's like an itch that I can't scratch. Anyone else feel the same way? 😒

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I always notice that kind of stuff, and it looks ridiculous... those movie producers should pay some more attention...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! Or they do some sort of flash back thing and the kid doesn't look like they could be the adult on the show who they're supposed to be.

What Guys Said 13

• And what about TV shows and movies that are set in a time a long, long time ago? Like when most everybody lived and worked on a farm, and yet they're always perfectly clean with shiny white teeth? Doesn't seem real.

• Haha, I usually don't watch those that are set a long time ago xD But I can see how that could be bothersome as well.

• Well the point you're making about kids and their parents in shows is a good one. Sometimes it's just like: How did they cast THAT kid to be THEIR kid in the show? lol

• I notice that and also with the things people say cause sometimes that takes me out of a period piece.

• Not as much as you but sometimes I look at relations in the cast and if they seem really similar, I think that is great casting but it would be that itch you can't reach for me if they didn't look similar.

• no cause i can't even tell when people are actually related in real life based on looks unless it's super obvious.

• Just pretend they are adopted or something.

• I guess it's more important to have actors who can perform the role the best. It would annoy me more if they looked similar but one of them was a rubbish actor.

• Ok tbh it's just a tv 📺 show though irl I can't tell if children and their parents have same facial features 😶

• No I don't judge people as much you do!!! 😜😜😜

• 😂 I can't actually think of a show where a family looks related

• Family matters and full house 😎 Just thought of them and also the Brady bunch

• I haven't thought about that even once.

• Nope doesn't bother me :D

• I always think that but it doesn't bother me too much.

• Nah, I hardly ever notice that.

• No it does not

What Girls Said 15

• It pissed me off when Noah and his family where white and all the Egyptians in the new movie Gods of Egypt are white. Horus is fucking Danish, really?

This shit.

https://youtu.be/IJBnK2wNQSo

• Hahah yes sometimes I'll just wonder how on earth they picked the cast that looks nothing alike completely different.

• Yeah, you are totally right, it's so irritating, it doesn't look realistic at all... I guess some movie/tv directors don't care about those details 😫

• eh... O; I don't care! haha

• Haha since I'm always so aware it isn't real I'm never that bothered by it. 📡

• YES SO MUCH!!! Disney Chanel does this a lot lol !

• Yesssssss! It sets off my OCD really bad! How about when the kids are grown and the parents are still way taller than they are? Most people grow taller than their same gender parent unless there is dwarfism or something unusual.

• I haven't thought about it too much, but it is weird to me when I do notice it.

• Yes. It really does.

• Yes, it's lazy casting.

• It doesn't bother me much but it makes me question why they were casted in the first place. Their acting may be good by I'm sure the people can find someone with great talent that actually fits into the family on the show.

• it sometimes bothers me

• OMG yes it used to bother me so much i'd stop watching that show but now i'm all good

• I knoooww riighht. Oh my gosh bruh I'm telling you 😤😤😐😐

• No not really. I see a look of people in real life who looks nothing like their parents.