Do you consider phone or tablet games, "gaming"?

I have a hard time considering anything that isn't on a console or PC gaming. I personally am a PC gamer.

• Yea
  • Nah

Most Helpful Guy

• No, at least not with the games they have today. Considering someone who plays Candy Crush as a gamer, is an insult to the whole gaming industry xD

• I agree it really is an insult. When people ask me what my hobbies are and I mention pc gaming guys automatically assume I play candy crush or the sims. I tend to get a little trollish so I ask them what they do. Of or they play games that's why they judged me. I love it when I can tell them more about a game or prove them wrong if they are just trying to show off. I think that is the most annoying thing ever!

• LOL Ohh for sure I don't tell people I'm a female. I play a lot of csgo and I often times won't even speak in game unless is on accident. I usually am in a ts or something and push the wrong talk button or when I'm button mashing from dying. Sometimes people will here me raging. >.< normally when I decide to talk I am a troll. Got to have some fun with it! Gotta joke with them cuz I'm a GRILL yah know lol

• @LadyLemon Yeah, some guys don't think girls can play good games, competitive ones xD I can totally see why you troll them hahaha

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I don't consider majority of that true gaming at all. Mainly due to majority of the games are not complex. Those are something you play when your brain dead and don't need any kind of skill to play. So something to kill time. So those are casual games.

True gaming are the ones where you need to think at a certain level and have to have some kind of skill. So basically anything were the game is more complex.

What Guys Said 13

• Nah, I do not really. Not to the same level anyway. Also there was something I noticed about you. You actually look a lot like my sister LOL.

• Phones and tablets do have some very good games that being said if you just play on a phone or tablet they should not be considered a gamer.
    Games on mobile devices are designed to be time wasters and not much elts. However there are many games like xcom knights of the old republic and several others that have been ported to mobile devices.
    No one says hold on I'm gaming on my phone. Everyone says hold on I'm playing a game on my phone.

• Not even a little.

Console or PC is what "gaming" is in my mind. Maybe some leeway for handhelds like the Nintendo 3ds or psp. But not tablets.

• No, not really. Somebody wants to call themself a gamer, they gotta properly invest time like the rest of us. The people who play those games only do so to pass a short period of time...

• Right? I've played 12 hours on a new game (new for me lol Shadow of Mordor) and I've done like 3 missions 😂😂

• Lol, good luck with it, I have only heard good things about that game, but I never got to it myself. Too busy with the Witcher 3 and then Fallout 4...

• It is life this far. :p
      I'm too poor to play Fallout 4 haha but I've played up to 3. I liked it before it was cool x3
      Never played witcher though!

• I guess it is... but it's not what I think of when talking about gaming

• Well the fact i can play any retro game.
    - Final fantasy
    - A Deus ex game
    - gta, max payne.
    - minecraft
    - and a few games with stories.
    I'd say people play games on ohone or tablets are no different. Just the type of games you play. Then again i spent hours straight playing Crossy Roads a few times too haha.
    Honestly i can have good fun on phones but i love my 3ds too.

• If it's a really good tablet that you can plug a controlled into and out it up on a big screen Id say it is.

• Filthy casual scum

• It is gaming, but I do not really consider the people serious gamers per se as they just do it as a casual time-killing. Just like someone is not a serious movie-enthusiast for just watching youtube videos.

• Nope, that's not gaming, real games are on computers and consoles.

• Have you ever play those phone/tablet game? They are design to be play while on the toilet/short burst. That not gaming.

• I consider board games to be gaming.

Old school!

• Yes. A game is a game.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, in my opinion. It's true that the a lot of mobile/ tablet games are casual no-brainers, but there's an increasing number of games up there that require mental focus and/ or serious commitment. Also, there are those who prefer playing mobile versions of games that are released for PC and Playstation as well. Those games don't exactly stop being what they are just because it's a different platform, you know. :P

• Definitely not... ^_^

• Yes. My phone is a legitimate gaming device. I go hard on Flappy Bird and Snake.

• Nopee I don't

• Yeah, casual gaming is still gaming.

• It's like "entertainment" gaming to me is Friday night with a beer and call of duty#justsaying