Is "The Hunger Games" just a sci-if remake of the Spartacus story?

-Both are about oppressed slave populations crushed under the heel of Roman (or Roman-style) governments (with the despots in "Hunger Games" having Latin names).
-Both slave populations served a great city that was the Pinnacle of their empire.
-Both governments ran 13 districts (with Rome having 13 at the time of the Spartacus revolt).
-In real life, Spartacus and thousands of others were forced to fight to the death in gladiatorial games. In Hunger Games, Katniss and other tributes are forced to fight to the death in yearly gladiatorial games.
-Both slave populations revolted against their masters.
-Both Katniss and Spartacus were gladiators whom became the leaders of their respective rebellions.
-Both uprisings were populist revolts.
-Both uprisings crippled the power of their respective governments, with their soldiers declared as mythological freedom fighters.

What do you think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Partially

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• haha I don't know

What Guys Said 1

• There are some mild similarities, but I don't think the directors of Hunger Games had that in mind.