I want to write a book.. basically it'll be a novel.. and here's the concept?

i'm only 22 and i've had an extremely eventful life. people say i have the gift of gab; i simply know how to talk to people. in high school, and college (before i dropped out) English lit was my favorite class. i love to write. and all my professors say i'm an excellent story teller.

now, my personality is sort of split. i'm a good boy, i really truly am. i come from a good family. no familiy financial issues. i'm very polite (until you piss me off). i'm charming. parents love me. i'm highly emotional and sensitive; i'm capable of crying over a song or movie (when no one's around of course). i also served 3 years in a special forces unit of the Israeli military. i fought in 2 wars in the gaza strip.

on the other hand i'm the classic "bad boy" (i hate that term btw).. i really truly am. if you look at me, you would never guess i have all those good boy qualities. i'm very handsome, muscular, covered in tattoos and highly egotistical. i have an extremely short temper most of the time. i've been arrested 3 times, all for assault (fighting). i'm rude when i want to be. people say i walk around as if the world owes me something.

i'm constantly at battle with myself. so the concept of the book is.. what if these two personalities were two different people who lead separate lives, but were best friends. what would happen if one of the characters was exclusively the "good boy" i described above, and the other character who is his best friend was exclusively the "bad boy" i descrived above.

Most Helpful Girl

• Isn't this basically the plot of Fight Club :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting what I would do is build the story around the two characters then in a twist have the main character realise that they had a multiple personality disorder with the good and bad character different personas of the same person bit like Fight Club.

• that would be too similar to fight club. thanks for the input, but the whole point is seeing how life would turn out of each of my "sides" would turn out if they lead two separate lives

• I like that path - Good luck

What Girls Said 2

• Never share your intellectual property. Someone can steal your idea now. Good job.

• That is a good idea to do

What Guys Said 4

• I think you should start out by writing greeting cards and see what kinda response ya get.

• ...*yawn* 😑

• I think you're more the Talented Mr. Ripley

• You mean like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or more like captain Kirk in The Enemy Within?